1.

"Yeah. I just got my bag, like, 5 minutes ago." I said into the phone, walking through the airport. I tried to picture of Lora's car. The last time I saw her she drove a silver Honda. She probably got a new one since then. Or maybe she was in her fiancé's car? It didn't matter, I can recognize her from a mile away.

"Okay! We'll be there in ten minutes. I'm so excited to see you!" She said. I could hear her smile through the phone. She got her trademark smile from our mom.

"So am I." I whispered sincerely. I hung up the phone and I put it in my pocket before stopping at Starbucks for some much needed caffeine. Just smelling the shop made me feel more energized. The lights were warm and the walls were decorated with photos of popular sites in Los Angeles. The last time I was down here was for Lora's 25th birthday party. She had just begun dating Cody then.

There were a few tired-looking people ahead of me in line. A girl holding her mother's hand and an older woman with her gray neck pillow still on. I decided to scroll through social media until It was my turn to order. I had a few business DMs from people going to conventions and sweet sixteen parties , along with a few newly tagged photos of my work. I smiled at all the comments on people's posts about how much detail went into the costumes and makeup people wore. I liked a few comments before stepping up to make my order. Usually I'd pick a different drink for variety but I needed something I knew would wake me up. Medium Carmel macchiato on ice.

As soon as I had my drink I hand, my phone lit up with Lora's name on it.

Hunny pot 🍯: outside! Near the shiny red corvette.

I replied to her instantly and gathered my dark blue bags, heading outside. When I got out I was treated to the fresh air but also annoyed by the bright morning lights. I turned my snapback around and looked for the classic car.
Before the vehicle caught my eye the young couple waving at me did first.

My sister was smiling bright with her long dark curls framing her face. Next to her was her fiancé, Cody. The joy swelled in my chest as I made my way to their car. Still a silver Honda, but a newer model.

"Hi Elise!" She said throwing her arms around me. Her tight squeeze made me laugh into her hair. "I missed you! And you look good! Gym?"

"I started yoga in February." I smirked, "nice to see that it's playing off."

"Yeah. You look buff." Cody chimed in giving me a friendly punch in the arm. His button up was a little too tight as always and his hair perfectly matched his brown shorts. He gets his style from my sister.

"Yeah. I could probably take you if I wanted to." I laughed poking him in the stomach. His large arms embraced and swayed me from side to side.

"Hey, save any fighting for after the wedding." Lora laughed, opening her trunk. We all loaded my bags into the trunk and I hopped into the comfortable passenger side seat while Cody moved to the back. "To celebrate your arrival, we're going to dinner tonight. There's an Italian restaurant a few blocks away from your apartment."

I turned away from the window and towards my sister. "Nice. Semi-fancy dress, I suppose?"

"Yep." Cody chimed in,"my best man is going to be there too. I don't think you've met him yet."

"You haven't. You'll like him though." Lora nodded.  I silently smiled and listened to the beat of the radio.

"Ooh...this is nice" I exclaimed stepping into their house. The living room had a slight emptiness to it from its lack of furniture. What was there was a small coffee table in front of a comfy looking tan couch. The room was well lit from the many windows in the living room and kitchen. There weren't any decorations on the light grey walls besides a few family pictures.

I walked to the modern silver stair case that for the rest of the house and sat down on a stair. Lora followed suit and Cody sat on a stool in the kitchen next to us. "So, two months until your special day. I have the honor of making your dress," I said gesturing to her,"but Cody, do you know what you're doing."

My comment caught his attention from him looking in the refrigerator. "Huh? Uhh...no actually."

"Cody!" Lora groaned.

The man closed the fridge with a beer in hand and started walking over to us. "Look. I don't have it picked out because I don't  know what you're wearing. I can't see the dress because it's bad luck so I was gonna let Elise come with me to pick it out."

She glared at him while I tried to hold back my laughter,"you don't believe in superstitions."

"Better safe than sorry." He smirked opening his beer on the counter.

I giggled as I stood up and headed to one of my bags. "Well. Just let me know and I'll be happy to help you go shopping. But for now, I've go to go get ready for dinner."

AN: this book goes out to the Tiny Whore Gang. Love you hoes.