Part 1

[Later]

"Okay... Olivia, what about you?"
Ebony asks, looking at her.

Olivia frowns. She'd never been asked to go on a patrol. Then again, two patrols a day, and they've only been stuck here for two days.

"Okay, sure." Olivia responds. Then she thinks of earlier. Those Zombies in the Parking Lot by Door Five, that one still in the building...

It's just a good thing everyone was oblivious to it.

"I'll go too." Jackie says, standing up. "If we know for sure there's one in the school, we'll need to take it down." She smirks, picking up the metal baseball bat.

"Okay... now we just need one more volunteer..." Ebony murmered a confirmation.

"What about me?" Eddie asks, raising his hand.

Ebony pauses, furrowing her brows.
"... okay. Eddie, grab a flashlight. The rest of you, meet me by the doors of the auditorium A.S.A.P. Madi, you're in charge while I'm gone."

Madi nods.
"Be back soon."

Ebony runs to the backstage and grabs the piece of metal pipe she found. It was about two-and-a-half feet long and an inch wide. As much as the thought of using it sent chills through her, she still needed to take a weapon.

She ran to the back of the auditorium, to the doors, where everyone was already there waiting.
"Sorry it took so long. Let's go."

Taking a steady breath, Eddie opened the door and shone the flashlight onto the floor in front of it. A few drops of blood, but nothing more.

Then he stepped out quietly. Everyone followed.

"Remember, quiet." Jackie advised all of them.

Olivia nodded.
They didn't want to alert anything around them.

After all, Zombies were sensitive to sound.

Eddie shone the flashlight down the hallway.
"Jesus..." he whispered, eyes wide.

The Zombies...
They had really done a number on that place.

The excess blood from their bodies was everywhere, there was glass and other building material where they had broken in and done other various damage.

Then they heard something behind them that sent all of their blood cold.
Screams.

"The auditorium!" Olivia shrieked.

The others followed.

What they saw when they came in horrified them.

Three Zombies.
One in an aisle. One just in front of the stage and one on the stage, trying to grab ahold of Grace.

"Dammit, dammit, dammit!" Jackie cursed as she made her way through to the stage. The one in front of the stage started to follow, but Ebony ran as fast as humanly possible at it, hitting it in the head with the pipe, causing its skull to split open. Blood surrounded that scene. Jackie had hit the one she had taken on on its side to send it away from Grace, then again in the head to kill it.

The one in the aisle had been alerted and it ran at Ebony, so she jabbed the pipe at its chest, impaling and killing it.

Jackie was kneeling down by Grace, asking if she was okay or bitten or... various other forms of hurt.

"Listen!" Ebony called loudly enough for everyone to hear. "Is everyone alright?"

Everyone came out from their hiding spots. Some were in the (covered, thank God) orchestra pit, some were in the backstage and a few had managed to make their way to the balcony.

"It's not safe for us here anymore. They've broken through." Leilani concluded.
Ebony nodded sadly.

"We need to move to the second floor!" Eddie shouted.

"Yes, Eddie is right. We have to go now, so take the food and everything you may have left, and that includes picking up whatever might function  as a weapon!" Ebony shouted to everyone.

"That was too close," Olivia whispered to herself.

"Where did they come from?" Ebony asked a group of people.

"Door Five," Madi responded. "And that's not all of them, not even close."

Ebony frowned, swallowing fear.
"All right. Jackie and I will take some others and barricade that area up. Until then, take everyone to the second floor. Somewhere far away from here."

"But you'll-"

"Please." Ebony said in a sad and soft expression with a concerned frown shaping her lips.

They both stared each other in the eyes during a long, awkward, tense pause.

"... Understood." Madi murmered.

Ebony gripped her pipe tighter.

This was not going to be easy.