Chapter One - OctoArmy

An new octoling was born in a peaceful family. Her name was Melody and is a smart cute octoling, but this wouldn't be enough. A war was coming up against the inklings. Her family decide to let her go at the age of 6. That's the age young octolings went to school and learn to fight against the inklings.

Melody was a great student and very popular too! She kept on getting great grades, but she wasn't really that happy. She missed home so much... its been 8 years after she left for her school life.

Melody watched out off the window. " why can't I be home... just with mom and dad..." she said wiping a tear away. Someone nocked on her door and yelled:" Melody! Are you here?" Melody shocked and dried her face. It was her best friend Lucio. She walked to the door and opened it. " what's up Lucio?" Melody asked. The boy red and blue hair answered her:" Mrs Octian need you for something. I think it was a talk with you..." Melody looked at him little scared. What could this be? Did I do something wrong... " I will go to her..." she said little scared. Lucio looked at her and pet her head. " good luck Melody. I hope for you it isn't something bad" he said to calm her. She nodded and went to the room of mrs Octian.

Melody take a deep breath and nocked on the door. A deep female voice said:" Come in." Melody came in the room very nervous. " you wanted to talk with me, mrs?" Melody said kinda nervous. " oh there we have our best student! Of course I wanted to talk to you. I have such good news for you." the old lady said with a smile. Melody smiled slightly as she sits on the chair. " what is it, mrs Octian." Melody said while taking her brown with blue tips hair out off her face. " well you doing amazing, Melody. I want you to let you graduate soon. So you can help our army." Said the old lady. Melody begin to bright up. This is what she wanted! What she dreamt for! Destroying those inkling! " thank you, mrs Octian." She said with a smile. The old lady stand up and gave her a small book. " this is what you need and what your route will be." Said the old lady. Melody nodded, said good bye and left.

Melody started to learn everything and studied very hard. Soon she graduated in music, fighter and healing. All that on the age of 16. What she didn't knew was that the fight isn't as easy as learned, but she didn't care. She did her best and was the best of her team. Nobody could stop her not even an inkling.

One day they were face to face against a inkling with a roller. " pfff easy target! " Melody said while she swim in her octo form through their ink. Once she got closer, she saw it was a boy that remind her of Lucio. She shakes her head. It's no time for day dreaming! Just beat him to the ground! She swim up to him, jumped and attacked with her octobrush. The young inkling boy got splated. She get a slight glance of the boy. Damn he looks so adorable. Is the first she thought. She then again shakes her head. " its no time for this! " Melody said to herself. she just felt too guilty for her action and didn't notices the inkling cleared the level.

After this fight she walked to the club. DJ Octavio was playing as usual, but there was something odd this time. There were female vocals. "Hm... That's odd..." Melody walked to the stage and saw an inkling singing in some bad ass clothing. It was Callie, but Melody didn't know her. " she is pretty good for an inkling... " Melody said while sitting on a chair. A guy walks up to her. " that's correct, but don't you worry. She wont hurt anyone." The tall guy said with a grin. " why is that? Inklings are going to destroy us." Melody said as she ordered a drink. " well.. See those glasses. Octavio made them to control inkling!" He said with a laugh as he walked to his friends. Glasses that can control inklings... Seems pretty cool. Was the thoughts she got. Melody got her drink and took it all. everything what then happened was a big blur, but fun.

The next day melody woke up in her bed. Being a little sick, cause of last night. " that drinks i ordered last night was little too much i guess... " she said to herself as she get up to get ready to fight again. As suddenly an alarm goes off. " all of the octoling fighters go to section 5 please! I repeat all of the octoling fighters go to section 5 please!" Was coming out of the speakers. What is gonna happen now?... Melody quickly took some medicine and put on her fighter outfit.

She ran to section 5. On her way to section 5 there were a lot of octolings wearing masks and weird glasses. Melody find it just odd, but didn't bother as she continued to section 5.

When she arrived there were a lot of fights there she didn't even know. She also couldn't see anyone she used to fight with.

Suddenly a yell came. " DEAR OCTOLINGS!" Came through the room. It was octavio! " you might seen some of our army with glasses. These glasses are new and will improve your ability to kill more of these stupid inklings!" The DJ said. Everyone was yelling out of happiness except melody. She found it odd that some glasses will get her better.  " you can get these glasses at our training base. There you can practice with new glasses!" The DJ said with a grin. Melody noticed that. There most be something with these glasses. Melody rolled her eyes as she walked away before she get walked over by the others.

She walked to her room. Her shift begin later that day so she had all the time for herself. "What should i do... " she wondered.

Suddenly she got a call. She looked at the phone and it was her supervisor. She took the phone call:" hello, with melody?" She heard on the other side a yell. " WHERE ARE YOU?! WE NEED YOU HERE!" The supervisor yelled. She sound different than normal. " i had a shift late night..." She said it, but couldn't finished it. " NO, YOU COME RIGHT NOW!" the supvisor yelled. Melody said that she comes as she hang up.

Melody felt that something isnt going right. She put on her gear and took her brush with her. She also thought about these glasses. " i don't believe these glasses... I think we should wear them. Hm..." she said to herself. " i got it! " she said as she quickly looked for similar glasses. She put on these normal glasses. " now the cant say i don't have them. " she said with a grin as she left her room. 

As she came there she got yelled at. "Where were you!!! We almost gonna lose! Get in there and beat him!" The high octoling fighter yelled. Melody rolled her eyes and super jumps into the stage.

She swim through the ink to get to the inkling boy. She surprised him by an attack. " take this!" She yelled. The boy was using a brush too but the inkbrush. While melody used her octobrush.

They fought as hard as they could, but melody's brush was stronger. " bye bye sucker! " she said by her last swing. The boy let out a scream as he got splated.

Melody jumped back to her spawn. " That you guys couldn't beat this weak inkling. This was just to easy. Haha!" She laughed. The other looked at her annoyed. "Melody! Why arent you wearing the glasses! " octavio walked up to her looking rather angry. " why would i? i don't believe about glasses that make you fight better. Im good without it! " she said looking angry at him. Octavio did something and the other octolings grabbed her. " let me go! " she yelled. " no you should wear the new glasses!" Octavio said while he put on the glasses.

It was what she thought it was, but she couldnt defend herself. Melody slowly lost control over herself. The other octolings let her go with a grin. Melody felt to her knees. The colour of her hair changed the dark red and her mood went from cheerful to serious. She was fully in control by octavio...

Her life was everyday the same. Beating enemies until they stopped. Without any break! Some of the octolings got killed in the fights. Melody stayed strong, because she was a top fighter with her octobrush, but she did fight long cause she was the last one that would attack. At that time the zapfish got taken.

a few months later there was this inkling girl who tried to fight octavio. This was actually a concert. Melody took part of this just to see the inkling girl die. She was still mind controlled by these glasses.

The concert featured the squid sister Callie! Who was mind controlled. The together preformed with a new remake of bomb rush blush while octavio tried to beat the octoling down. The inkling didn't let herself get beaten that easily.

The inkling gave octavio a second hit to this DJ set. At that moment Marie came and shoot the glasses off Callie. The inkling girl get going to beat octavio.

By the third hit. Marie started the calamari song. Callie remembered who she was. As she did she jumped to Marie. The squid sister are back together! Callie and Marie sang together the new version of their song, spicy calamari inkantation!

Melody also got her control back as she throw the glasses away. Her hair changed completely too! it got thin and the colour turquoise. Her eye liner got black. She was so happy and she dance, but she got pushed over the edge and felt in the hole. Everything went black for her.