Chapter Eighteen - Octopi

After a while melody and max get dressed and went out of the bathroom. Her phone began to ring. "who could that be?" melody said walking to the mobile. She picked up. "hello melody speaking." Melody said with a sweet voice. "congrats! On your baby." Marina said. "thanks..." melody said little embarrassed. "I have some good news! You know the final splatfest?" marina asked melody. "Uhm? No, I have been taking care of the little one... wait a minute it's the final one?" I said a little shocked. "yes! It's going to be huge! I really want you to be at our final act together with the squid sisters, pearl and me. You also get a stand-alone act. I think you can take your band with you." Marina said. "thanks, I will perform, and I will let you know if my band comes too." I said with a smile. "okay see you later, Mel." Marina said as she hangs up.

Little clearness on the band melody has. Some time after the Halloween splatfest. Melody created a band with three boys. Beginning with the drummer. His name is roger, he is 20 years old and is an octoling with longhair. He often gets called a girl, because of his long hair. Then we have the guitarist. His name is Dylan, he is 18 years old and an octoling with a shorter version of the octoling girl long hair. Then we have the bass guitarist. His name Xavier. he is the youngest member. He is 17 years old octoling with the afro hairstyle. As last we have the 19 years old lead singer melody that you all know.

They called themselves the octogist. Their band plays most of the time just covers of famous splatoon bands and play melody's mixes. They played at very big splatfest as a side act, but never had a big breakthrough and don't play at those one day splatfest.

"melody who is that?" max asked holding violet in his arms. "marina called me to play at the final splatfest with my band." Melody said with a small smile. "that is amazing, but I see you aren't really happy about it. Is there something wrong?" max asked melody little worried. "I don't want to be just an act... I want to do something big people will remember... I just don't know where to begin..." melody said a little depressed. "my dear mel... maybe a walk outside will do the job for you. Here take this train ticket a travel where ever you wanna go. Don't worry about me and our little girl we will be fine and I'm gonna take good care of her." Max said with a big smile giving melody the ticket. Melody take the ticket and just nodded.

Melody left to the train station. "hm maybe the forest would be great." Melody said in herself as she stepped into a train. The train went to a forest what was known for danger, but melody didn't care.

Once arrived melody gets out the train. "it feels so similar." Melody said as she walked into the forest. Melody was the only one there. She heard people throwing shit at her. Whatever she has to need her loses her mind.

The forest looked scary. Lots of warnings were seen. Melody changed her clothing into her old octoling gear without her glasses of course. She walked through the place, holding her weapon.

Melody's POV!

Finally I felt free! I ran through the forest. Climbing the trees. Flying in my octopus form. suddenly a sniper shoot was coming towards me. I quickly avoid it. I hide on one of trees. I picked one of those special glasses max once made for me. I wore them and looked behind me. There were two octolings with glasses. They had a charger in their hands. Octolings why would they be here.

Then I noticed two little babies. I jumped off the tree and made an ink spot. In my ink I quickly changed my bombs into a curlingbomb. I let one go. Quickly I swim through it and jumped out of it. "what are you guys doing here!" I talked in my octoling language. The two octolings changed weapons. "enemy target." The two said. I quickly get rid of the glasses. I noticed something disgusting under it.

The two attacked me. I avoid and left 2 ink mines. They exploded and splatted the two octolings. The two babies started attacking me. i pushed them away as I started to swim in my ink. I noticed looks of octolings bases. This is odd. I kept on swimming.

After a while I bumped into a box. "auw..." I said transforming into octoling form. my head hurt as I put my hands on my head. I saw the box. There were weird symbols on it. I noticed its human language. "wow..." I simply said. I opened it up and there was some human photo's in it with all kind of cds, hard drives/solid-state drives, photos, music sheets and music more. I look around and started to go back with the box.

On my way to the trainstation. I tried to not getting seen. What was really difficult, but I got through. I sight for a bit. I checked in by the train station as my gear changed. I walk to the waiting area. It was quiet. Well it takes 30 minutes before the train comes.

I look in the box. I pick up one of the album. "is this what human likes?" I mumbled. I saw lot of pictures with a date on it. "1975 1986 1989 1982 1984 1973... Thats like 2000 years ago... That does make sense... From all the studies we had on the human species." I mumbled. I couldn't what to use this and explore. One thing I knew that it was music related.

The train arrived. I stepped in. There weren't many people in the train. The people had weird looks to me. Well nobody doesn't go there. I sit down on the seat and I waited until the last stop.

I went to my house. Since we got a child we needed a house. The apartment where we were standing was too small. The good thing about the new house we got is that I made a studio. In this studio I practice with the band and stuff.

I tried to avoid max and quickly got into the studio. I turned on my laptop and plugged the hard disk in. "lets see what this is." I said as I started up. I searched into the disk and there were a lot of music. "this is interesting." I said as I played one of the songs. It was some music from queen. I selected 1986 map and started a song. I did understand a little bit of the human language.

A male voice with some hand sounds was heard in my headphones. "it's a kind of magic!" the male voice sang. It is so beautiful. "One dream, one soul, one prize, one goal. One golden glance of what should be." The male sang. I decided to listen to it.

After 5 hours. I felt two hands on my shoulders. I squeaks as I hide my stuff. "oh melody you are easily startled, aren't you? But what are you doing here? I have searched for you and called you a lot. I was worried about you." Max said looking down at me. "Oh uhm... Nothing really just music shit." I said still blushing. "Can I have a listen?" Max said, but just did it without my approval.

He listen to the bohemian rhapsody track. I looked to him. Scared what to do next.

"I love it, but it sounds so weird..." max said and looked at me in the eye. I nodded. "it's a human that sings. Since it is 2000 years ago." I said with a smile. "a human? What are these?" max said to me. "you didn't know? Humans lived here before us. We lived in to the water for ages! They were interesting creatures!" I begin to explain. When I was younger I always read these stories about the humans and they are always so interesting. They invented a lot of tech we use now. They even look like us! Well... almost though.

I excitedly ran to my bookshelf and shows max a book about the humans and told him a lot about how humans live. "wow..." was max reaction. "yup! They made these songs!" I said with a huge smile. "but... what are you gonna do with this? I think they don't want to that we normal octolings have such documents.." max said worried. "don't worry love! I keep this save and.. OH! I can use this for my band!" i was being too excited. Max scratches his head a bit nervous. I walk up to him and gave him a kiss. "don't worry love. Nobody will find out." I smirked. Max sights and sits down on the sofa.

Violet crawls in the room. She loved the sounds that were coming out of my computer. Just at that moment radio gaga was being played. "gaga goegoe" violet mumbles. I smiled at her. Max picked her up. "who I my cute princesses!" he said while lifting her in the sky. "radio gaga" violet singed with human words. Max was shocked. "she probably loves the music" I giggled. "melie... this is not okay... what if someone found out?" max was really worried. "oh maxie don't worry so much hon." I took violet out of max arms. Vio giggles. I sings with him. Max sight and left.

Few hours had been passed. Vio fell asleep. I walked to her room and tuck her in her bed. "sleepwell honey. I love you." I singly said and kisses her. I walk slowly to the door and turn off the light. I looked at my little girl.

I went downstairs and I saw that max wasn't there. "love? Where are you?" I said. Looking around as I couldn't find him. Where is he? Is he really that mad on me? I started to panic a bit with tears in my eyes. Suddenly I saw some goo. "this... oh no!" this is the same goo that I found in the forest. I looked behind me and I saw an octoling about to hit me.