X• Easy To Tear

The Danielle and Liam breakup is making me sad :(

But you guys always cheer me up with your reads ;]

This chappies sad.. heh, aren't they always? You should all comment on how you think the stories going so far c: paul-ese?

Harry woke up alone the next morning, no trace of Louis.

And it went on for days, Harry never catching sight of Louis until it was late at night. He would come in, ignoring Harry as he stumbled through the living room, reeking of alcohol and cigerette smoke.

Except one night, it seemed Louis had had far more to drink than he had before, and he forgot about the silence he was keeping with Harry.

"Hey, you," He hissed, looking directly at Harry for first time in days. Harry quickly sat up from his sleepy position on the couch, blinking a few times as he made out Louis's figure in the dark.

"Louis?" He mumbled, rubbing his sleepy eyes. He'd been dozing off slightly as he waited for Louis to come back home. He always waited, even though he never got any sort of response from the boy.

"Help me out, will ya?" He slurred, tugging at the zipper on his jacket. Harry jumped to his feet and squinting in the darkness, he found that the zipper on the older lads jacket was stuck.

He placed trembling hands on the zipper, silently trying to get it to move. He wanted desperately to say something, but he kept his mouth shut as he inhaled the smell of alcohol seeping off of Louis.

He finally got it, and as his fingers slipped off of the zipper, Louis immediately made a move to leave the room.

Harry's hand shot out, grabbing Lou's wrist and pulling him back. Louis tried to shake him off but the lad wouldn't budge.

"Get off me!" He growled, but Harry pulled his other wrist as well.

"Talk to me, Louis! Please!"

"Just... Hop off, okay?" Louis scowled, Harry cringing at the tone of the older boys voice.

"I'm confused as well, you just--" Harry's shaky voice was cut off as Louis roughly pushed him, sending him flying to the ground. He tried to get up, but Louis lowered himself so that his face was above the younger lads.

He spoke through gritted teeth, "No, you're not confused, not like me! I have a girlfriend, one who I have planned my entire future planned with! God, this is all your fault!"

Anger stirred in Harry as he shoved Louis back with just as much strength as Louis had used before. "How's it my fault?!" He yelled.

"It just is!" He countered. "You have to look like that, you have to look so, so... So fucking perfect!" Harry got to his feet and ignored the butterflies that swooped in when Louis called him perfect. He was far too mad to let himself bask in the "compliment".

"Why don't you just leave me alone! You've ruined everything!" Louis yelled, shoving back, and soon both boys were on their feet, shoving and pushing.

Louis somehow got Harry pinned on the wall, and he squirmed under Louis's firm grip. "Fuck you, Louis!" He screamed, feeling unwelcome tears stream down his face."I hate you!"

"I hate you, too! You've screwed everything up! That's all you ever do, Harry! All you do is mess shit up!" Louis screamed, and Harry stopped squirming underneath him.

Harry stared into Louis's eyes, searching for any sense of regret but found none. "You're right." He croaked. "You're right," he repeated, voice barely audible.

Louis's grip on Harry loosened as the boy began to tremble, sobs wracking his body. He sank to his knees, the sudden movement making Louis take a step back. Harry had handfuls of his hair in his hands as he let moans of despair escape his mouth.

"Harry, I..." Louis began, regret and pity and disgust with himself flowing through him. How could he be so stupid?

How had he forgotten that this boy was like paper, ever so fragile and easy to tear. Louis didn't know how he could fix this-- sure, you can put tape over the rip, but you still see through it, can't you?

"You're right, Louis. You're always right."

But that was true, wasn't it? Louis was always right.

Louis took a step forward, but Harry made a noise that sent Louis jumping back again. "Just go!" He sobbed, letting his foot stomp the ground.

Louis didn't want to go, how could he leave his best friend like that. But he was afraid that if he made any moves to fix it, he'd only deepen the tear he'd ripped into the broken boy.

So he stumbled away, grabbing his keys and tripping out of the door. And there lay Harry, broken and sobbing until he could cry no more.