Chapter 4 (Part 2)

"The First Fight" 

After Beck, Lily, and Maria planned on how to stop Joe from hurting Annika, Maria asked Beck, "What should we use to fight this psycho?" Beck thinks about it: "Well, it depends on how powerful he is." Beck replied to her, and Lily thought for a brief moment until Maria asked, "What's really going to work on him? I mean, he's kinda dead, Beck." "Honestly, whatever weapon we use, I hope it will work." Beck replied. "I have different types of knives; in order to fight him, we need knives that are sharp and long, so I think I have a couple long-bladed daggers in the garage." Beck smiles at Lily and says, "Perfect. Lead the way, Lily." Lily, Maria, and Beck go into the garage and see long-bladed daggers to choose from. "Woah," Maria says. "Well, ladies, choose which one suits you the most." Lily says with a smirk. The group enters the garage and finds an array of long-bladed daggers to choose from. Beck finds a dagger that has a black and a bit of red hilt with a black blade; Maria finds a dagger with a white hilt shaped like a snake with a gold blade; and Lily chooses a dagger with a black hilt that has her grandpa's name "Eli" on it and a dark silver blade. Lily looked at the name, which made her make a small smirk on her face, then faded. Beck looks at Lily, then at the engraved name, and asks, "What's with the name Eli on the dagger?" Lily looks at Beck and at the dagger. "That's my grandfather's name; he gave this to me three days before he died," Lily responds. Beck furrows her eyebrows and replies softly, "I'm sorry." Lily looks at Beck after putting a cover on the dagger. "It's ok; he was a good man." Lily said, taking a deep breath to compose herself. All Beck does is look at her. "Do we keep waiting, or shall we stop this bitch?" Maria interrupted.

Beck, Lily and Maria leave the house to go to the bookstore, where Joe kept Annika. On the way, Lily stops them. "Lily, what's wrong?" Beck asked, and Lily pointed out a house "Found his house." Lily said, and Maria looked at her and asked, "How can you be so sure?" Lily raised an eyebrow and pointed out a rug that said "Joe Goldberg" on it. "Who really has their name on a rug?" Lily asks. Lily, Beck, and Maria walk to the house; Beck squats down and finds a key under the rug; Beck grabs the key and opens it; and they sneak into the house. While they're in the house, they look around; it's tidy so far. "Ok, what I'm going to do is find what he's hiding, and you guys stay in the living room to make sure there isn't any suspicion in here." Beck says to them, Maria replies, "Got it, Beck." "Don't worry, I won't take long." Beck says before walking away, as she did Lily and Maria looked around. 

Beck looked in each room until she went into the bathroom and said, "Ok, let's see what I can find here that Joe has been or is still hiding." Beck looked in every drawer until she had a flashback to when she was told by Paco about the ceiling and claimed it was a good place to hide things, and she found the box Joe was hiding before disaster completely struck. Beck looks at the ceiling and climbs up to where the ceiling is close to her. Beck opens the ceiling tile and tries to feel something Beck keeps looking for something to feel until she finds nothing, but she looks again, and her hand lands on a box. Beck smiles and says quietly, "Oh shit." Beck drags the box out of the ceiling, sits down, and says, "Let's see what else you've been hiding, Joe." Beck opens the box and sees things that are different than the last time she saw them. Beck was in confused shock and said, "What the hell?" Beck finds a locket of a woman and her daughter; the woman's name was Marianne. "Marianne?" Beck believed she was Joe's next obsession after Love Quinn. Beck then kept finding weird things in the box, including a notebook filled with disturbing thoughts and plans. "What the fuck is he trying to do?" Then she spots a jar. Beck grabbed the jar; somehow it was familiar to her. She shook it a bit and heard rattling. She opens it and sees rotten teeth. Beck gasped and dropped the jar, which caused it to shatter.

*Before Beck drops the jar*

Lily and Maria search for anything suspicious. Lily sees fruit that has turned slightly rotten, walls that look torn, and a broken glass frame of him and a redheaded girl looking on the back which says: "Joe and Candace" Lily raised both her eyebrows and kept searching until she found a photo of a woman with him at a young age—maybe his mother? Lily puts the photo back until she hears Maria "Lily, come look at this." Lily puts down the broken frame, walks over to Maria, and asks, "What is it?" Maria is holding a phone with a light green case and turning it on. "No passcode or face ID." Lily said this before Maria looked through the apps on the phone. "I think this is Joe's phone." Maria said, and Lily furrowed her eyebrows, looking at her. "Since when was that psycho into green? I thought he was like, Into black or something." Maria goes into the photo albums and sees a lot of pictures of Beck until Lily sees a photo "Stop scrolling." Maria stops, and both Lily and Maria see a photo of Beck and Joe. "Did these two date?" Maria asks. "Yeah, I remember when we met her. I remember her saying he ruined her, so basically they did," Lily replied. Maria looks at Lily and asks, ''What happened between them before Joe killed her?" "I don't know, but by looking at him, he must have been completely obsessive with her." Lily responds, "And maybe he was the cause of Dr. Nicky's frame." Lily added. "That's creepy; what's more creepy is that he has a lot of photos of Beck," Maria replies. Lily takes the phone and starts looking at messages, and it finally clicked in her head, "Maria, I don't think this is Joe's phone." Lily said, looking at her, "What do you mean, Lily?" Maria asked her, "The photos of Beck, the messages, Maria, this is Beck's phone; after Beck got killed, he must have taken it and kept it." Lily said, and Maria asked Lily, "Do you think Joe still has feelings for Beck?" "Maybe I don't know." They took a moment to process until Lily and Maria heard a broken glass sound and screamed, "Beck!" Lily yelled before the two ran to find Beck.