Chapter 351 to 355

Start from the beginning

Out of the corner of Chu Lian's eyes, she could see Imperial Princess Leyao revealing a jeering and proud smile.

Chu Lian controlled her emotions and forced out a faint smile. She bobbed a greeting toward Imperial Princess Leyao from afar, then resolutely turned around and left without looking back again.

Wenqing and Wenlan, who were following behind Chu Lian, were also infuriated. They positioned themselves on either side of Chu Lian so they completely blocked Chu Lian's figure, making sure that the people behind them couldn't see her at all.

When Chu Lian returned to the tent, she went back into the bed to sulk. She had originally wanted to go out to get some fresh air, but she hadn't expected that it would make her feel even more frustrated instead.

Damn it, He Changdi was seriously so toxic.

Shortly afterwards, Wenqing reported the information that she had found regarding Imperial Princess Leyao's situation.

When she mentioned Imperial Princess Leyao's injury, Chu Lian didn't feel any sympathy for her at all. There was even a faint sense of delight within her heart.

Imperial Princess Leyao had been hostile towards her since the first time she entered the palace.

Her hostility had become even more obvious nowadays.

She still didn't understand He Changdi's intentions. Although Imperial Princess Leyao was still very young, her intentions were clear. Did He Sanlang really want to become the emperor's son-in-law and marry a princess?!

The Great Wu Dynasty wasn't the same as the previous dynasty. A princess's husband wouldn't be given any actual power. If he married the emperor's daughter, then he would just become an idle plaything waiting for death!

Chu Lian's mind was in a jumbled mess. The hunting ground was located in the outskirts of the capital, the weather lagged slightly behind the capital. It was still pretty cold at night.

She had ridden all the way here, then suffered a fright yesterday. Thus, she hadn't gotten a good night's rest last night. Chu Lian had obviously become thinner.

She looked pale and haggard now. It seemed like all the previous nourishing for her body had been for naught.

Wenlan's heart seriously ached. She and her sister knew some martial arts, so they would usually be responsible for taking care of Chu Lian when she goes out. However, Xiyan was definitely the maidservant whom Third Young Madam trusted the most within the estate.

The night before they had departed, Xiyan had specially told them to take good care of Third Young Madam's health. Senior Servant Zhong had also left some words for them in particular.

After all, Third Young Madam's health had become better and the young couple had a loving relationship. It was entirely possible that there was already a young heir in her belly.

Well, look at what happened now. Not only Third Young Madam had not gained any weight, but she had even become thinner than before...

Chu Lian was so angry that she didn't even have an appetite. Over the past couple of days, she ate very lightly for all her meals.

Wenlan asked worriedly, "Third Young Madam, do you have anything that you want to eat for lunch? This servant will go prepare it for you."

Third Young Madam usually placed a lot of importance with regards to food, but she just waved her hand in disinterest now, "Just prepare a few simple dishes. I ate very little this morning, so prepare for lunch earlier."

Wenlan didn't understand Chu Lian's meaning and thought that Third Young Madam's appetite had recovered. With a happy expression on her face, she took two maidservants with her to pick out the ingredients.