Hello there

The next days went without much dilemma, everyday my mum would have Jenny over and Chase would be there too, I avoided him as much as possible. On the Thursday he comes up to me and growls in my ear.

"Upstairs. Now." I was confused but followed him.

We went into my room.

"Chase?"

"What the hell Charlie!" Chase shouted.

"What!"

"You slap my girlfriend then tell her we slept together and that I said she was a bitch!"

"I DID NOT!" I screamed

"Yes you did!"

"When?!"

"The day after I slept over, she only told me today 'cause she was scared of you!"

That made me laugh "That's what she said is it! If you count her shouting "Oi new girl, Chase told me what happened at you sleepover, she said you told her I jumped on you and tried to make out with you but you pushed me away 'cause all you could think of was her! If you count her cutting me with her false nails!"

There was a silence, I went to walk around me but he stopped me and threw me onto the bed.

"That's...what happened..." He said quietly.

"Yes." I growled, sitting up. "Now pee off and never talk to me again!"

"Charlie...I...-"

"Believed her." I cut him off "before even considering that she's the biggest liar and bitch in the school, before even thinking that I'm not like that!"

"That's my girlfriend you're talking about." He growled

"Good, then she's your mistake and your problem!"

I stood up but he threw me back down and pinned me down. He had my hands pinned to either side of my head.

"Chase, get the heck off me."

"No. Not until you apologise." He said bluntly

"ME apologise!"

"You insulted my girlfriend!"

"SHE LIED TO YOU ABOUT ME, WHAT DO YOU EXPECT ME TO DO, LAUGH, AND COMPLIMENT HER?!" I shouted in his face.

He stared at me in shock at my outburst. He sighed and pressed his forehead to mine, taking deep breaths.

"I...I'm sorry, I just, assumed."

"It's okay." I sighed "I over reacted, she's your girlfriend, you'd obviously believe her over me."

He pushed himself off me, I sat up and he sat next to me.

"Chase...?" I said after an awkward five minutes silence.

He took my hand, he held it tightly, it almost hurt, I think he needed the support.

"Charlie, I'm sorry." He said

"It's okay." I smiled

"No! It's not!" He shouted, making me jump.

"Umm...Chase, it's okay, I'm not angry." He stood up, I did too, he pulled me into a hug, hiding his face in my hair.

"Please Charlie, can we be friends, proper friends." He said, his voice muffled.

"I...umm..."

He pulled away "What would make you say no?"

"The fact you hate my best friends, and...er...yeah...."

"Polly?" He guessed

I shrugged.