Forgiveness

I know it's been a reallyyyy long time...but yeah, sorry :)

"Rebecca go away." Tom said eventually, he was looking at me, everyone in the room stared at him, I blinked in shock.

"Tom?" Rebecca said and then her eyes narrowed.

"You boys coming?" She asked

They looked at me and then looked at her, I saw Aaron hesitate, when none of them moved she walked off in a huff shouting something like "You weren't fit anyway."

I didn't move, what was I supposed to do? They had gotten rid of her, but what they said was backstabbing, but they had been here with me, on the other hand this wasn't the first time, then again I'd lost Chase do I need to loose the others?

"Charlie?" Liam said

I didn't answer, I opened my mouth and then shook my head.

"Charlie please." Liam whispered walking up to me. Liam had always been here for me, when Tom was crazy, he stuck up for me, we had jokes and he was awesome. But...

"Please what?"

"Forgive us?"

"I-it's gonna take time...I...don't hate you...but I don't know if I can trust you. It took another person 2 minutes to turn you all against me..."

"I know." Tom said softly "And we're sorry."

I stood there for a few seconds, my eyes glazed before Turner says

"We good or...?"

"We're neutral, but not good."

"Is that the best we can get?" Tom asked

"At the moment, like I said, it'll take time...."

"We understand." Tom said. I stood there for a second or two before saying "See you guys tomorrow...?" it was a question of whether or not they were going to leave.

They looked outside, it was pitch black, I looked at the clock, it was about 11, had I really stayed that long at the beach?

"Yeah, see you tomorrow." Tom said, he walked towards me and gave me a hug, I quickly hugged him back before releasing him, the others gave me quick hugs and left.

I slumped onto my bed, my head was buzzing, my heart had gone hyper and my eyes were blurred. Sleep took over me within minutes.

The next morning I woke up and did the usual, shower, dressed, make up, and breakfast. The weather was nice and I decided to go to the beach again. But then I wondered if I should...

In the end I decided to go in my pool instead, i changed into a swimming costume and slid into the pool, the sun shining down on me. I shut my eyes at the pure bliss of it. Then there was a splash and I was soaked. I opened one eye and saw my dog in there with me. I rolled my eyes and he paddled up to me.

"Psst, get out." I said splashing him. He obviously didn't and went to the shallow end and lay down with his head on the ledge.

I heard voices and wondered who they were, I got out and put my towel around my waist, following the voices. I turned the corner to see Chase, I quickly took a step back, hiding my self. He was stood at the door with and angry looking mother. I guess she must've found out we weren't friends anymore. My mum opened the door, I guess she got back late last night. They started talking before my mum's face looked confused, she went inside and I quickly went back to the pool-side chair, grabbed my phone and climbed my tree, hiding myself in the branches. I plugged my phone ear phones in and decided to stay up here until they were gone.

My phone started ringing, I looked at the dialler and it said "Home". I picked up and said.

"Hello?"

"Hey Charlie, where are you?"

"Why?"

There was silence and I heard her footsteps, she was probably getting out of hearing range of Chase.

"Chase is here, his mum told me what happened."

"And you want me to come home right?"

"Right?"

"After you know what he did?"

Silence

"Mum?"

"It's Chase." Aww crap.

"Hello." I said sharply.

"Listen, can I meet you? We need to talk."

"Do we?"

"Yes."

"I swear last time we spoke I said I'd forgiven you too many times. Goodbye?"

"You did."

"Take a hint?"

"Please."

The voice changed to my mum.

"Charlie, Chase and his mum will stay here until you come home."

"I am home."

"What? Where?"

"Outside."

From my tree I could see them emerge from the house, my mum on her phone.

"Where?"

"In the tree." I whispered.

They looked up and found me.

"We'll leave you too it." Came mum's voice down the phone. The mum's disappeared into the house and Chase walked up the base of the tree. He grabbed hold of a branch and pulled himself up, it went like this until he was on the branch opposite.

"Charlie, listen, please?"

I was silent, he took this as a yes and started talking.

"I know I shouldn't have believed Isi, but, I don't know I guess, how would she've known we'd kissed?"

"I don't know."

"I know you're probably really mad but please forgive me."

"Why should i?"

"Because you want to."

"Do i?"

"The Charlie I knew would."

"But the Charlie you know can't be me 'cause I wouldn't do what Isi said I would."

That made him quiet for a few seconds.

"Come down the tree with me, I have something to show you."

I hesitated but he had already begun scaling the tree. I followed and landed next to him. He went into his pocket and brought out a silver charm bracelet. It had about 50 different charms. Each somehow linking to me. One even had my name on it. He took my wrist and put it on before going on his knees and saying.

"Charlie, please forgive me for all I've done, I've done stupid things that I wish I hadn't. I can't take them back and I can't change them, I can only ask for you to overlook them. Do you forgive me?"

I looked into his eyes, and I mean I looked, I searched them for any sign of lying, sarcasm or hate. And there was none. I took his hand and helped him up before pulling him into a hug.

"Does that mean yes?" he asked, hugging me back.

"Mhm." I said.