What Now?

I wake up feeling as if sleep has been stolen away from me, ever so gently, though. Everything seems fuzzy, frizzy, and fluffy.

These three words ar enough to show you how horrible my state is.

Let's try again: I feel terrible.

I slowly lift my body of the damp grass that acted as my mattress, finally aware of the fact that I dosed off by the river. My muscles burn and ache as if someone had peeled off my skin and sunk his pointy, fat fingers into my flesh. Or atleast, what is left of it.

You see, and as scary as this may sound, if i poked my arm there will be almost nothing standing between me and my bones. Horrifying,Rght?

As a describtion of how shocked I am, this dosen't scare me at all, only alerts me, and tells me to bring food. Everything seems like a non-existing memory. Something that is only taking place in my head.

After a while of trying to arrange my thoughts, I decided that the best place to look for food is on the shores of the river, water keeps everything alive, and I wasn't wrong. Strolling by, I found a bush with juicy berries limply hanging on it. I walked to it with hesitant steps, not sure if it is good for eating. But I selected the largest, most juicy one of them, deciding to care no more. I stuff it in my mouth, enjoying its sweet, yet sour flavor as it nourishes my stale mouth. I suddenly realize how hungry I am and how hard my craving is for these berries. Many followed the first, until there was non left on the fragile bush.

I'm not satisfied.

But at least, that disturbing voice escaping my stomach calmed, yet it didn't completely dissappear.

After finshing my meal, I head back to the river to drink and maybe bathe in it. Things seem a little less vague after the meal. I drink several scoops of water, and as I drink in my last, a figure mimicking my movements is laid on the surface of the clear liquid, realizing what it is, a bitter snort escapes my lips, shortly criticizing what I believe is, me.

I stare at my reflection, a quizzical expression is printed on her dirty, thin face. Her wide, brown eyes stare with curiosity. Obviously, discovering my facial features is rather interesting, although I treat me like a completely different person.

Maybe I should try to use 'I' and 'me' in the rest of the discribtion.

Well, my lips are round and small, red due to the berries I just stuffed in my mouth, and my nose is pointy, distant from the rest of my face, my brown long hair is tangled and matted on my face. Considering the level of grime caking my face, my hair and my everything really, I remove my shoes and sink my body into the rather cool water, inch by inch. When I'm soaked all the way up to my shoulders, I swallow in a deep breath then sink my face in too. I come out, take another breath in, replacung the stale oxygen that was trapped in my lungs, then dive in again, then out, then in once more, forming a circle of brown around me, separating me from the clear water.

I gently strarted rubbing the grime of my body, afraid that if I applied any extra pressure on my limbs, thing will get worse.

I successfully manage to get, well, a little more clean. But that is better than nothing. When I climb out of the water, I actually regret the fact that I didn't take off my clothes, although I felt obliged not to. I shiver as a cool breeze fly by, urging the dead leaves to continue with their melody as they rub by each other.

I twich as the cool damp shirt of mine bites on my back. I take of the black shirt that covered my torso and rest it on a rock for it to dry and my black pants follow, my slightly damp arms find their way around my chest. I sit down, doing nothing, saying nothing. Letting nothing in, or out. only one thought roams my tattered mind.

What now?