part 19- "rescued"

KENZIES POV

i wake up and there is blood all over my legs. the memories of what happened earlier flood my brain and tears spill from my eyes.

the needles is laying on the tray next to me, the liquid gone, now inside my body. my baby gone too. a potential to another beautiful life taken away by my sick parents.

my heart breaks a little more when i think about johnnys reaction to the news. i shake off the thought soon after because i know that i won't be seeing johnny, maybe ever again.

after minutes of lonely crying my mother walks in with a twisted look on her face. i look away and roll my eyes at her.

"you were relieved of a burden young lady. that baby would only cause pain in your life." she says to me i'm too disgusted to even speak to her so i just roll my eyes, still looking away.

"hey!" she snaps slapping me "look at me while i'm talking. and don't roll your eyes at me again. or else."

"or else what? what are you going to do? kill my dog?" i say in a mocking voice and shakes her head and laughs "oh kid, you have a lot to learn.  next time it won't just be an unborn child. it will be johnny. then maybe lauren next. how does that sound?" she says

"no! just leave them alone! please! you already have me here, keep my friends out of it."

just then an alarm goes off and the lights turn red. the doors lock shut and the tiny window i had above my head abruptly closes.

JOHNNYS POV (30 MINUTES EARLIER)

we park a block behind the house hayley told us about and immediately see two of joey's friends outside of the house sitting on the porch.

"so what's the plan?" annie says "how are we going to get her back?"

"we are not doing anything." asher says pointing to the group "we, are going inside-" he says pointing to the boys when annie cuts him off.

"that's funny. last time i checked, she was MY best friend. i AM going to help get her back so help me god!" she whisper shouts in a fierce tone.

"ok ok." asher sighs putting his hands up in defeat.

"i have an idea." brynn raises her hand and we all turn to look at her.

"so i know one of those boys, his name is brandon and he's had a crush on me since like the third grade. i can probably distract him, flirt a little while you all sneak into the back of the house where hayley said the door was." she says proudly

carson shake his head "i don't know if that's such a good ide-" "yes it is. she is my best friend. i need to do what i can to save her. i'll be fine." brynn says hugging carson.

"guys, do you really think that they won't notice like 8 people sneaking into the house? it's too risky." hayden speaks up and maddie nods "i agree we can't all go." she says and turns to johnny "john's going to go a get kenzie. me and the boys will be hiding close to the house in case it gets ugly. annie and lauren go with brynn. three distractions is better than one."

everyone nods agreeing to maddie's plan and disperse into their groups.

the girls walk up to brandon and his friend and start to flirt. they flip their hair and smack their gum. brynn softly lays a hand on brandon's shoulder making carson cringe and look away.

they were 100 percent not paying attention to anything else. i sneak around them and walk on my toes to the back of the house.

i get to the door to be faced with an alarm code to open the door. i look back at maddie in desperation and she shrugs not knowing what to do either.

"fuck it." i whisper to myself and run full force through it.

i fall to the ground on the other side of the door and sigh with satisfaction as i realize i successfully made it inside.

just then an alarm goes off and the lights start flashing a bright shade of red.

i hear footsteps and run down the closest hallway and down a flight of stars.

"hey! who's there!" i hear a male voice yell

"i'll shoot you!" he yells again and i cringe quietly walking through the door at the bottom of the staircase.

i swing it open to see mackenzie sitting there. blood on her legs, cuts on her cheeks, her arms and legs tied behind her back. life drained from her face.

i start to make my way to her when someone's voice stops me.

"well well well if it isn't THE johnny orlando." i turn around and come face to face with the same man yelling at me earlier.

i feel something click and look down to see he has a gun pointed right at my appendix, ready to shoot at any given moment.

i stare back at him fear creeping up in my eyes when all the sudden he falls to the floor.

i look up from his body to see maddie holding a bat over her head.

"holy shit. holy shit. holy shit. " she whispers over and over.

"thanks mads. where are the boys?"

"they uhh had to take care of brandon and the other guy. they started to catch on and one tried to punch brynn. i'm pretty sure brandon is laying on the floor dead somewhere from the anger in carson's eyes." she says till breathing heavily trying to catch her breath.

the rest of my freeness flood the room. i give them a quick glance then turn around and rush over to kenzie.

"j-johnny?" she mutters

"yea yea it's me. i'm here. you are going to be ok." i whisper as i'm untying her.

"i'm so so sorry. for everything. for lying to you. for leaving you. i shouldn't have. i made a huge mistake. i love you." she says and starts to cry as i pull her into a hug. "it's ok all that matters is that i'm here now and that your alright."

"john." she starts crying even more "what is it?" i say concern striking my voice.

"they killed it. they child our baby." she says in between sobs.

my heart drops and i hug her tighter "it's going to be ok." i whisper into her hair and the rest of the group crowds around us.

one by one they all engulf her in a huge hug. telling her how much they loved her and missed her.

"don't ever do that again." maddie yells waving a finger at her jokingly.

"ok mom." kenzie reply's laughing. it was good to see her laugh again.

just then i feel a sharp pain in my stomach and look up to see an older woman. a gun pointed right at my stomach. blood pouring from my gut. pain fills my body and my limbs become weak as i hear everyone sobbing my name. i drop to the floor and close my eyes.

sofie speaks
the story is almost over!
kenz is rescued yay!
but also john was shot
what's gonna happen
duh duh duh

vote