Chapter 26

When we landed in California it was a lot warmer than New Jersey. We went outside and got us a cab to the hotel. The wedding is actually today at 5 and it was now 12. The hotel was behind a beach. When we got to the hotel we were greeted by my dad.

"Kaitlynn, Madison" he came and gave us a big hug.

"I'm so glad you guys made it" my dad let's go of us and hugged everyone else

"Hey Losers, missed me" Diana came around the corner.

"Diana" Madison and I practically pounced on our sister, smothering her with hugs and kisses.

"Ok, ok. I take that as a yes" she laughed returning the hug.

Cameron was even there too. We all was Just gathered at the lobby catching up until we went our separate ways into our hotel room.

Mom shared a room with Madison which was across the hall. Diana and Cameron shared a room that was next to mine. And guess who has their own room, Me. Grayson and Ethan's room were 2 doors down from me. And Sean and Lisa were a couple doors down.

The room was big and nice. I had a balcony with a beautiful view of the beach. I was just unpacking my suitcase when I heard a knock at my door.

"Come in" I yelled

My dad came in and smiled "hi honey" I smiled back in return

"I just wanted to let you know that Jessica wanted to meet all of you guys before the wedding. Your sisters are near the elevator waiting for you. It's on the last floor" he said

I didn't feel like meeting her at all but I wanted to make my dad happy. I was still not ok but I promised that I would put in an effort.

"Ok" I took my phone and followed my dad out the door. My sisters were around the corner near the elevator and my dad told us what floor and room to go to.

"Wait you aren't coming with us" Madison said

"I'm not allowed to see the bride until the ceremony"

My sisters and I went inside the elevator and clicked the button on the last floor. We were on the 8th floor and we had to go to the 12 floor. We got out the elevator and went to the bride's suite. Diana knocked on the door and a women stood in front of us.

"You must be Richard's kids. Come on in" she gestured for us to come inside. She was tall and had blue eyes. Her hair was dirty blond and she was skinny, she must be in her late 30s.
Someone else was in the room with her, it was an old women with a soft expression on her face. The room was crowded with gifts and other stuff to prepare for the wedding.

"I'm Jessica and this is my mother, Candice" she gestured towards the women.

We all greeted each other and introduced ourselves. That's when I noticed a little girl hiding behind Jessica's legs. She seemed to be six years old and shy.

"And this is my daughter Lucy" she moved aside so we could see her. Dad didn't tell us she had a daughter. Lucy smiled and stuck her hand out for us to shake.

"Hi" she said shyly, I smiled at her cuteness and shook her hand.

"Wow Richard never mentioned that his girls were so beautiful" Candice smiled

They were all so nice which makes it so hard to hate them.

"Mother, could you please take Lucy. I would like to talk to them" Jessica turned to Candice. She and Lucy went outside the room to give us privacy.

Jessica turned to us and smiled " I understand that you might find it hard that I am marrying your father. I just wanted to say that I love your father very much and I hope that we can get along." She walked over to three gift bags and gave one to each of us.

"What is this for" Diana said

"Just a gift for you guys. Well open it" she clapped exited

We opened it and we couldn't believe what was inside. It was our grandmothers jewels, we though it was lost. I had her necklace, Madison had her bracelet, and Diane had her hair Barrett.

"Is this..." Madison said

"Yes. I know that Richard's mother had passed away a couple years ago and most of her belongings were destroyed. These were the items she was meant to pass down to you but it was lost. I know it means a lot to you so when I found it I knew what I had to do. Maybe you could wear them today" she said

We had tears in our eyes. I was so upset when I thought they were lost.

"But how did you find them" I stuttered

"It turns out your grandmother left a note for Richard. It consist of clues on how to find them. It was never lost she just kept in in a safe place. She loved poems and clues so your father helped me follow them. Turns out it was in a secret compartment of your grandfathers piano, which was in storage"

"I don't know what to say" Madison wipes her tears

"Don't say anything. I just wanted to prove myself to you. Richard told me how you felt about the wedding and I wanted to do something special for you. I hope I didn't come of too strong" she laughed

We all did a group hug. We spent the rest of the time talking and getting to know her. Jessica was really nice and I had fun with her, she was so humble and sweet. I can see why my dad likes her. Lucy came back with Candice and we also played with her. It was fun getting to know them, but we had to leave the room because the wedding was in 2 hours.

While we were going back to our rooms we bumped into Grayson, Ethan and Cameron.

"Where are you guys going" Madison said

"We were actually looking for you guys" Grayson said

"We are taking a walk on the beach. Wanna come" Cameron said

"You do realize the wedding is in two hours right" I pointed out

"Yeah, We'll be back in an hour. We still have plenty of time" Ethan shrugged

"Just give us a minute to get ready" Diana said

"We'll wait for you in the lobby" Cameron waved before leaving

I went in my hotel room and picked out an outfit. It was really nice in California so I could dress like it was summer. I put on a white crop top and a long skirt with a slit on the leg.

 I put on a white crop top and a long skirt with a slit on the leg

I grabbed my phone and went downstairs to the lobby. Everyone was already there waiting for me. We went outside and stared walking to the beach.

Grayson leaned in my ear and whispered "you look hot"

"You don't look so bad" I shrugged

"Oh come on. No one can resist this" he stuck his arms out and flex his muscles. Damn he's hot. But I cant give him the satisfaction. Lately we have been having sexual tension, I mean is that normal. 

"Just watch me" I strode passed him.

He smirked "two can play that game" and he chased after me.

—————————

Authors Note: hallooo. I hope you like this chapter. What more do you guys want to see. Sorry I missed two days I just needed time to catch up on my writing. Give this a vote 😎

                                     Xoxo, The Author