. n i n e .

so I know it's been two weeks since I last updated, but I didn't have internet connection all this time so I'm doing it now. 

//

-ASH-

"I want you to know that we love you, darling." a blonde woman says to her carrying baby.

"Are we still sure, this is the best thing to do?" the man next to her ask her, with fear in his voice.

"It's the right thing. He deserves a better life. We both know that we can't even give him a good one." she says and wipes her fresh tears with her free hand.

The woman gives a soft kiss, on her baby's forehead. Then, the man follows her moves and kisses the sleeping baby. He keeps them in his tight embrace for a few seconds, until they keep walking in the middle of the night.

They know exactly where they have to go. Finally, they find this big building with those large gates.

The man opens them and follows the woman as she enters inside the huge yard, until they reach the stairs.

They both start going up the stairs, but they freeze as soon as they reach the last one.

The woman squeezes the baby in her arms, as another tear falls on her warm cheek. Then, the man takes it from her to give it one last hug, before they put him on the floor. The man tries his best to control his feelings but, he can't help it. Tears now are rolling down his face.

He takes the woman in his embrace and they both hug each other tightly while new tears are coming.

"We should go." she says in a shaky voice.

They both start going down, leaving the baby all alone there.

Suddenly, this baby opens its small eyes. But, there's no one there to hold it. Tears now begin to fall, as it starts crying and leaving loud screams full of fear.

Its tears become more and more, as soon as it hears a loud noise coming from the gates that its parents just closed.

Its parents that just left their baby.

* *

"Mum," I whimper as I open my eyes widely. I take a heavy breath and lay myself down to my bed. Cold sweat is rolling down my forehead, as I'm trying to remember what just happened.

Was it just a dream? It felt so damn real; like I was there feeling the atmosphere.

And I'm pretty sure I saw those people's faces, but dammit. I cannot remember them at all. All I see now is just a blur. 

Were they maybe my p-parents? This dream felt so scarily real. And I've never had one like this before.

Not since that small cinema, which is a few blocks away from my street, played this Charlie Chaplin movie. The Kid. I mean, I've seen this before but I was too young to pay enough attention.

It's about a young mother who leaves her baby to the streets, until Chaplin finds it. He raises that kid like his own, with love and care. Just like how he deserves. And when they try to take the little boy away from him, he fights for him. He fights to take him back. The kid doesn't even care if Chaplin isn't his biological father. He raised that kid and he was his only family.

And after that movie, I realized how much I want to know about the truth. Why did they leave me? Because they couldn't afford for me or I was just a weight for them?