. t w o .

Ok, thanks for the 100+ reads already *~* WOW

//

-ASH-

As soon as I enter my new home, I'm surprised. Everything is in place. There's also a note on the fridge's door. "Hope you like the place. Ms D."

The fridge is full with food. Fruit, vegetables and milk. Even though I appreciate all of her help, how am I supposed to be an independent person? As I enter the bedroom, I lay my suitcase on the bed. I've never had my own bedroom before. Obviously. That's so weird as I realize, I'm going to spend my nights and days alone. Not that I wasn't feeling alone anyway.

I open the suitcase to put my clothes in the closet. I only got a few sweaters for the winter, some t-shirts for the summer and two black jeans. I also own one pair of black converse. And of course, they're all used. I should consider myself lucky. It's not that easy for an orphanage to get many clothes for their kids. I'd traded my clothes with other kids multiple of times.

:

The first thing that I want to do after putting my stuff in place, is exploring the world. Sounds cliche΄ but I want to go outside and just feel free for a moment.

As I'm about to walk outside, I take my mobile phone just in case.

::

It is such a cold evening, but extremely beautiful, too. I feel like I was missing so much all my life. I'm so happy to be able to walk Sydney's streets by myself. One thing that I wasn't expecting, is people. It's pretty crowded -- something I'm not used to. I can tell all these years have made me pretty closed to myself and unsociable as a person. I feel like all peoples' eyes are on me. Like, there is something about myself that is strange or weird. I cannot stand it. I stay still and try to be calm. Then, I notice a guy, maybe around my age, looking at me. His purple hair got my eye. I try to ignore him and continue walking but, as I look back, his eyes are still on me.

"What are you looking at?" I shout with an uncontrollable rudeness, and walk closer to him.

"Relax dude. Didn't mean to offend you." he says with a ridiculous smirk.

"What's that supposed to mean? You don't even know me. Stop looking at me, you freak!"

Strangers now have stopped and they're looking at us, like we're some kind of a show.

"Stop looking at me!" I shout even louder and turn my face to those strangers without controlling my manners. I feel like my cheeks are on fire.

People now start to leave with a terrified look in their faces.

"It's okay. I'll leave if that'll make you feel better." he says.

I don't make eye contact, so he just goes away. Why was he looking at me? And why was I so rude? Why couldn't I have control of myself at that moment? It is a side of myself that has been kept hidden until now.

"Sorry." I whisper as I gently face palm myself.

"Hey, are you alright?" I hear an unfamiliar girly voice. I turn around to see a brunette girl with hazel eyes and average height, looking concerned at me. She's pretty.

"Yes, I'm fine." I answer shyly. "I just overreacted." I say, trying not to look at her. I don't want her to see that I'm still blushing.

"I saw that. Everybody did actually. But I don't know how I would react if someone would stare at me like that. My name's Emma by the way." she raises her hand in front of me.

"Ashton," I shake her hand with mine.

Then, we continue to walk together and unexpectedly she starts talking to me, like she doesn't even care that we just met.

.

After a couple of hours of talking, she seems to be very interested in our conversation.

"So, what's your favourite movie?" she asks me.

But, the answer is hard. I haven't watched many modern movies since the orphanage would let us watch movies at specific times and they would be mostly classics.

Well, of course I won't tell her that I was raised up in an orphanage. I don't want people to feel sorry for me.

"Modern Times with Charlie Chaplin. Don't laugh." I say and wait for her reaction.

"No way! I love silent movies." she says with an excitement.

It turns out that we have a lot in common. She likes my all time favourite physical-comedy actor Buster Keaton. I didn't expect that. But then, she starts talking about some movies I've never even heard of. Well, how could I hear of them?

"You've never seen Star Wars?" her eyes go wide.

"Nope. Never got the chance." I shake my head with an awkward smile. I'm still not sure if I'm feeling comfortable around her. I mean, I just met her.

"You should definitely see it. You have no idea what you're missing."

But, besides all the trouble of today, I met someone new. I guess, I won't be that alone from now on.

::

::

-MIKE-

What was with this guy anyway? I wasn't doing anything illegal, right?

:

These days I'm feeling pretty exhausted. Since nobody wants to rent me a room. It's probably my appearance that makes people loathe me. As soon as they see me, it's like they know I'm inappropriate. But seriously, I just want a place to stay. I'm even trying to find a job but with same results. People find it hard to accept you, it's not like I'm going to kill them.

I spent my two first nights on a cold and wet bench, waiting for a better day to start. I even play my guitar and sing sometimes on the street, but a few people give me their cents. I check my phone as long as it still has battery. My parents haven't made the effort to contact with me. Should I feel this down about it? Besides, I don't even care about them. But damn. They're my fucking parents. Why are they so unconscious?

"Dude. You have really impressive guitar skills." a random stranger says to me.

I turn around to see him. "You can put your money in my guitar case." I say to that tall blonde guy with the piercing on his bottom lip.

"I think my money won't matter. I want to tell you something that might get your interest." he says as he makes himself comfortable next to me on the bench.