Appendix

Appendix

***

People and Families

THE TRINITY OF FIRE

The three divine Goddesses of the universe. While mostly inactive of in the modern era, they are the dominant religion within the regions of KINLANDII and THE CONTINENT OF VEILS. According to songs and ballads, they defeated THE TRINITY OF SHADOW in the first age; thus starting the second age.

POLINO, THE FLAME, Eldest Sister, QUEEN of the DEMONIC VEIL

AMANDAK, THE ROAR, Creator of WINDWALKERS

SILVERIA, THE GLOW, Youngest Sister, Creator of many

WINDWALKERS

A species of people created by AMANDAK. They possess a LIFE TETHER, which allows them to be reborn upon death. This tether grows weak over long periods of time and currently cannot be severed by any usable weapon. WINDWALKERS were created in the SECOND AGE, as of the time of CIKELS AND JEWELS, there are 15.

In order of appearance:

KERRILIA, SWORD OF THE UPPER VEIL, GOD SLAYER, THE FIRST WINDWALKER, JAESON CALAMITY OF VARAMOLAX.

- His Mother, MARIELLE, Murdered in THE SECOND AGE

- His lover, SILVERIA, GODESS in the TRINITY OF FIRE

TERRILYN, THE TRAITOR, THE GREAT EAGLE, Companion to KERRILIA

MARTERIKI, Loyal servant to KING HELKATAN

FERTT, Stewart to KING HELKATAN

HELKATAN, KING OF WINDFALL, THE BRAVEST WINDWALKER, Current leader of the WINDWALKERS

WOOD CIKELS

Created by SILVERIA in the SECOND AGE. They are a species of small humanoids characterised by their green hair and eyes. Experts with the bow, they are the most capable archers on the continent. CIKELS have learned how to melt down steel weapons to their own use and commonly train with both short swords and bows. The two tribes in the story are THE TRIBE OF CALLOUS, and THE TRIBE OF GRIMTOOTH.

CALLOUS, Leader of THE CIKELS OF THE SHINER

- His late wife, RUBY, who died in childbirth to VANDALIA

- His daughter VANDALIA, Heir to CALLOUS, Slain in the preliminary events of THE BATTLE OF PONDLILLY

- His Ward, KIJ, Orphaned by THE BATTLE OF PONDLILLY

GRIMTOOTH, Leader of THE TRIBE OF GRIMTOOTH, Famous amongst WOOD CIKELS for creating a racial spirit of bravery and loyalty, despite tribal differences

STONEWORDS

One of the greatest families in Crow's Perch, they rose to power in the late SECOND AGE. STONEWORDS were widely loved by the people, as they always made decisions that were best for the kingdom, not just themselves. They were extremely successful in their rule and had a reign of a few centuries. THE BATTLE OF SOVERIGN HILL marked a turning point for them, as THE GREAT SPLITTING saw KING HERAMAND STONEWORD forced to retreat WEST away from RICHARD STARMANE. Eventually, the TAUNTS defeated ARTOUR STONEWORD in a rebellion, and the long reign of the STONEWORDS ended with BERTAR.

LORD BERTAR STONEWORD, Ruler of CASTLE LOCHMIN, Last of his line

- His wife, JANE STONEWORD of the HERAMAND VALLEY, Died in the SACKING OF CASTLE LOCHMIN

- His firstborn daughter, JESSICA STONEWORD, Died in the SACKING OF CASTLE LOCHMIN

- His other daughter, CECELIA STONEWORD, Presumed dead in the SACKING OF CASTLE LOCHMIN

- His three bastards, BENDRICK, JONATHEAN and KOLTAR, Considered to be traitors to the STONEWORDS as they assisted in the SACKING OF CASTLE LOCHMIN. As such, traditions from the SECOND AGE were evoked and the bastards lost their right to name STONEWORD

TAUNTS

Another proud family in Crow's Perch. Like the STONEWORDS, they became a powerful family in THE SECOND AGE, but chose to side with the STONEWORDS rather than the STARMANES.

They were exiled to the HERAMAND KINGDOM during THE GREAT SPLITTING. There, they bade their time and built up power until they were able to defeat ARTOUR STONEWORD in a successful rebellion with a couple of other houses.

KING VINCENT K. TAUNT, Rightful ruler of the KINGDOM OF HERAMAND, THE WEARY

- His Two Wives, AMANDA and LAUREN TAUNT

- His heir, XANDER K. TAUNT

- His two other children, JENNA and PATRICK TAUNT

Creatures and Places

GRATADES

One of POLINO'S experiments, GRATADES were created in the LATE FIRST AGE. Although the exacts details regarding their history, use and evolution are vague, its generally correlated that THE TRINITY OF FIRE used them during the conflict of THE FALL OF THE BROTHERS.

In 'THE LILLY OF ETERNITY', Paul Darley describes them as follows;

"It was low to the ground, with four dislocated-looking legs carrying it with webbed, clawed feet on the ground. Its back was spineless and instead was propped by a bony ribcage-like structure that in some places protruded through the slimy greenish-white skin, revealing fleshy, red bone. Its head was rested upon a crooked, freakishly long neck and it had a large mouth filled with black talons. On its head were embedded six red, cracked eyes which seemed to ooze with slime and filth. Its scalp was bare, except for a single beak-like bone which glowed with an unearthly murky light, further revealing the creature"

GRATADES primarily reside in the three kingdoms of Crow's Perch, but recently have been sighted less in THE KINGDOM OF STARMANE. They also have migrated to THE CONTINENT OF VEILS, presumably through illegal ship trade.

Written by Timothy Grant