Ava: hey mum, I'm fine everything is okay, I guess. Doctors are saying he's really weak and you're right he looks different...I'm scared for him.

After I reply to my moms text I reply to my dads.

Dad: everything is good there hun? Are you okay? Is Sam good?

Ava: everything is fine, I'm okay. Although Sam looks really ill.

Then I reply to Roses texts.

Rose: bitchhh, where are you? As you dead or something? Lol

Rose: Oh shit...are you a actually dead? I shouldn't have joked about that.

Ava: I'm fine haha, I'm in Sydney, I left yesterday morning.

I instantly get a text back from Rose.

Rose: What? Bitch you didn't even tell me, I didn't even get to say bye properly :(

Ava: aww, sorry. I was in a rush

Rose: it's cool, Blake told me he slept at your house...anything happened? ;)

Ava: God,No! Nothing happened Rose haha.

I decide to get out of bed and walk to the big bathroom, I wash my face because I looked crusty. I had tear stains on my cheek, I had knotty hair and my eyes were red and swollen.

I took a steamy shower, and I changed into some simple shorts and a black and white halter top. I paired my clothes with some white sneakers and I grabbed my phone from the side table before I walked out of the hotel room.

I headed for a small cafe that Sam and I used to come to many time when I used to live here and I ordered a banana muffin and some orange juice before taking a seat on the same table that Sam and I used to sit on all the time.

I couldn't get the thought out of my head, all the memories of Sam and I going through my head.

I just want him to get better...

I feel like a horrible best friend, I wasn't there for him when he needed me the most, I feel so bad.

The waitress comes and puts my food down before walking away.

I eat my banana muffin and then I drink my orange juice before leaving the cafe.

I hail a taxi and tell them to take me to the hospital that Sam is in.

Once I reach the similar white building, I thank the driver before getting out, I walk inside and go to the 3rd floor. I don't think Mrs. Johnson left since I came here last time, which was yesterday.

She looked tired, she had bags under her eyes and she looked pale.

I walk up to her and put my hands on her shoulder.

"Mrs. Johnson. I think you should go home and rest, I'll be here and if anything happens I'll call you" I say

"No, I need to stay for my baby" she shakes her head weakly.

"You haven't sleep for more than 24 hours, you need some rest. You look tired, please go home and take some rest. I'll be right here for Sam" I explain.

She sighs and gets up before wrapping me in a big hug. "Thank you so much sweetie, you're a really good friend to Sam" she says before she walks to the elevator.

I sit down on the seat that Mrs. Johnson was sitting on and I look out at him through the window. He really does look different.

I just want Sam to go back to normal, how life was almost a year back.

I saw a nurse passing by and I asked her if I was allowed to go and see Sam and she nodded her head before telling me I could go in.

I took a deep breath before walking inside. The room was completely quiet, the only sound that was coming was from the heart monitor.

I sit down on a seat beside Sam and I hold onto his hand gently, his hands were pale and skinny.

I blew out some air from my mouth and wiped a tear that rolled down my cheek.

I really hope he gets better, I really really do hope so.

Sams hand started twitching and I got shocked.

"Sam?"

He opens his eye a little and I'm met with light brown eyes, his eyes squinted a bit before he adjusted to the light.

"Oh my God, your up. You're awake"I smile before I tell him I'm calling them doctor.

The doctor comes in and tells me to leave the room so she could do some check up, I walk out the room and I then call Mrs. Johnson.

She sounds really happy and she said she'll be there in 20 minutes.

I sit down on the outside of the door waiting for the doctor to come out for about 15 minutes. Mrs Johnson then walks up to me and asks me what happened.

I explain to her everything and as soon as I was done, the doctor comes out of the room looking a bit stressed.

"Mrs Johnson?" She says looks at the two of us.

Mrs Johnson then stands up and nods for the doctor to continue speaking.

"I was running some tests on him, we're doing chemotherapy on him but he doesn't seem to be improving in any way. We're all trying our best, you cannot meet him right now because he isn't feeling very good, he's vomiting blood" Dr. Jones says looking at Mrs Johnson in pity and concern.

The doctor excuses herself before walking away, I didn't even realise that I was crying, not until Mrs. Johnson pulls me in for a tight hug, she herself crying a lot.

He can do this, he's strong.

•••

A/N
Hope you guys liked this, don't forget to Vote by clicking the star icon ⭐️

Thank you guys so much for 17k reads, I really appreciate, I love all of you 💕