85. Sowing the seeds of love (and doubt).

Börja om från början

"Can we go inside so I can see it better?" She held her hand up in front of her.

"I have an idea." He stepped away and opened the car door, seconds later the headlights were on full beam and he walked back over to her. "Now you can see it." He pulled her in front of the car.

"Seb! It's so beautiful!" She gasped as, for the first time, she saw the large round solitaire diamond that sat perfectly on a white gold band. "Holy shit Seb, this must have cost..."

"Don't even think about it." He placed his fingers under her chin and leant in to place a sweet kiss to her lips, she closed her eyes, swept away already by one kiss and they were still closed when he pulled away. "I feel like the luckiest guy on earth." He murmured, making her open her eyes.

"Shit." She hissed. "Those lights!" She screwed her eyes shut and staggered back away from the car's lights, only opening them when she heard Seb laughing.

"Sorry, I'll turn them off!" He walked to the drivers side and reached in to turn them off.

"I've got spots in front of my eyes!" She giggled as he closed the car door and then locked it.

"Let me get you in bed and I'll make you see stars instead of spots." He walked back to her, took hold of her hand and started to lead her back inside.

"Smooth Vettel, smooth." She grinned while admiring the huge sparkler on her left hand as they got inside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I hope you're not wanting it back." Chloe opened eyes to find Seb holding her hand, looking at the ring on her finger. His eyes flickered to hers and he grinned at her, looking like a love sick teenager.

"I can't believe you're mine." He kissed her hand as he felt her holding on to his.

"Well you better believe it, you're well and truly stuck with me now."

"Can I ask you something?" He rested their hands on his chest.

"You know you can ask me anything, whether you get a sensible answer is another matter though, I feel knackered."

"Did your dad tell you about me wanting to propose?" He could already see the answer just by looking at her face.

"Seb, that's not why I proposed last night. It just happened, I'd been so terrified that something bad had happened to you, then when you came back and you said still loved me and that you'd never let me go......that little moment, it just felt right and....."

"It's ok." He moved on to his side to face her. "I know last night had nothing to do with what your dad had said. Last night was spontaneous, it was very unexpected, but it was perfect." He leaned closer and kissed her.

"Thank god." She gave him a relieved smile. "I'd hate for you to think that I'd proposed just because my dad had got a bad case of verbal diarrhoea after too much alcohol."

"So he did tell you then?"

"Yeah....he made some comment about you not putting a ring on my finger, mum told him to shut up and I said how it was probably a bit too early for that to happen but he just carried on and said about how you had spoken to him about it weeks ago."

"I knew it." Seb chuckled.

"Now you can see where I get it from when I've had a drink or three and get a bit gobby."

"I must admit, for a while after that night I kind of convinced myself that maybe you wouldn't want to marry me. You'd been a little subdued, maybe even a little distant. I thought that the stuff that's been in the press might have put you off." He shuffled closer to her and she put an arm around him, letting him settle against her with his head on her chest.