"You ladies can seriously clean up." Rooble says as his eyes don't leave Zoya.

"Jeez... how bad do we look everyday?" I laugh.

"Maybe don't ask that question." Munir teases.

All seven of us end up conversing for another 20 minutes when an older, attractive couple approaches us.

"Good afternoon, are you all enjoying yourselves tonight?" The older man asks us with a familiar smile on his face.

This has to be Peter's parents, I think to myself.

"Guys, this is Peter's parents, Mister and Missus Bilal." Rooble introduces us.

I knew it. They ooze the same charm that Peter has.

"What a gorgeous group of ladies!" Mrs. Bilal says.

"Thank you." The four of us say in sync.

"You're very gorgeous yourself, Mrs. Bilal." Beena adds in her charm.

"Oh my! You're too kind!" She giggles.

"You two girls look very familiar." Mr. Bilal looks at Dina and Beena.

"You have probably seen us with our parents. I'm Mister and Missus Hosseini's daughter and this is Mister and Missus Bashara's daughter." Beena introduces the both of them.

"Oh my God! Both of your parents are such a big part of this charity. They are very generous donators." Mr. Bilal says.

"How about you two, my dears?" Mrs. Bilal asks Zoya and I.

I look at Zoya to answer first. Once she introduces her parents, Mr. Bilal's expression changes.

"You're mother used to be our financial advisor!" He says, excitedly.

"Wow, it seems like we all are connected somehow. That's crazy..." Daamir says.

Mister and Missus Bilal turn to me and I tell them about my parents.

"Wait, is your mother's name Dr. Bushra Mahmoud, by any chance?" Mrs. Bilal asks.

"Yes, that's correct." I try to sound as polite as possible without trying to sound shocked about how she knows her first name.

"She's our family physician!" Mr. Bilal smiles.

"Okay, now it's just getting weird." Munir says.

My mom hasn't mentioned anything about this, but then again patient confidentiality is strict and I never specifically ask about her patients.

Munir's right. This is just plain weird.

"We're so impolite, we forgot to formally ask you ladies your names and how you know Peter." Mrs. Bilal frowns.

"I'm Dina, I know Peter from biology class and actually met him through Amara."

"I'm Zoya, I might him through Amara as well."

"I'm Beena, I met him in class and through Amara as well."

I look at Beena with confusion because she met him by herself, I didn't introduce him to her. She just looks back at me and winks.

"Ms. Mahmoud, you seem to be very important in introducing our son to these wonderful girls." Mr. Bilal says.

I laugh nervously. "Yes, so it seems. My name's Amara and I'm-"

"She's my biology partner and... a friend."

I hear a familiar voice from behind me. It's Peter, I can tell without turning around.

But just as I was about to turn around, the expression on my friends faces begin to drop.

I knit my brows together in confusion until I turn around.

As the situation starts settling into my mind, every part of me feels... I don't know how to explain it. I instantly felt my chest clench as if someone took a pair of tongs and twisted my heart out.

I kept making excuses for him for my own sake and I guess that was selfish because I wanted him to be mine so bad that I was ready to become some delusional, dumb girl.

- - -

A/N: the dress she's wearing! 🥰

Next Update: Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Please vote and comment and let me know how y'all feel!!