Chapter 58: Harry's Next Duel in Dueling Tournament

Start from the beginning

If she knew his common ways of dueling, then he would need to start doing something outside the box. The problem with that, if he messed up because he wasn't used to it, she could easily take advantage.

For most duels, there was a distance between them. Mostly because if you get to close and a spell is said, you have less time for a shield to be put up.

But Harry knew that she was expecting that, so he kept up his dodging and shield charms before he was nearly two feet from her.

"Akern."

"Protego. Bovini Magus," Harry shouted bad the charm that would turn her into a cow.

The female dodged the curse and pointed her wand at herself. "Fteros," she said and wings sprouted from her back as she lifted herself into the air.

"Diffindo," Harry shouted before she could get too far into the air. The cutting charm hit and the wings were violently cut from her back.

She came crashing down but instead of collapsing like how others might do, she landed in a roll and instantly stood back up and fired a spell at Harry even while her back bled just a bit. "Excallibus."

The sword was summoned went straight for Harry. "Protectus Fista," Harry said as the physical shield that stops punches, swords, or gunshots appeared in front of him and stopped the sword.

"Voxinous," the female shouted as Harry held the physical shield in front of him to stop the enchanted sword that kept trying to get past the shield.

Harry's eyes widen as he realized the physical barrier that was stopping the shield wouldn't stop the spell. But it was common knowledge that one wand could not handle two shields at the same time.

Thankful for the small distance that the female put between them from her roll when she fell. Harry flicked his other wrist and felt his other wand slip into his left hand. "Protego," he said and watched the spell hit the second barrier his other wand put up.

He saw that the female stopped before nodding her head softly, a small smile danced her lips. She seemed slightly impressed with the fact he could use two wands at once. But as quickly as the small nod and smile appeared, her face slipped back into the concentrated, no emotional face she had when they started the duel.

"Tarantallegra. Voxinous. Flipendo." She shouted the three spells that would make him lose control of his legs, feel like he was being burned all over, and have the knockback jinx hit him back 10 feet.

"Assai Del Segno," Harry shouted the shield spell that gets stronger with each spell that hits it.

The three spells hit it and Harry saw it shimmer a soft purple around him, telling him it was charged and ready to power the next spell he said.

Clutching the Ash wand in his hand while making sure the Holly continued to hold back the sword, Harry shouted the spell that would make someone feel like they were being stabbed in the place they were hit. "Maherius."

He then pointed the Ash wand at the sword that was still trying to get through the physical barrier. "Evanesco," Harry said the vanishing spell and watched the sword disappear.

"Yakanas," the spell his Harry in the chest as he dropped the physical shield and instantly felt like all his bones were breaking under him.

The crunch sound was none existent, but the pain felt all too real. Harry clenched his teeth and managed to roll to the right when a spell that was going to hit his head flew at him.

Harry felt drained and in pain. Keeping up the barrier took a lot of his growing magical strength while his other wand handled the dueling aspect. His core felt low, too low to really continue at this pace.

He could feel his magical squirming in his veins, lashing out slightly at the persevered threat that was happening around Harry. His magic was trying to save him from the onslaught that the female dueler was throwing at him.

"Kitte imasu, Lugo, Voxinous, Pesante, Furnunculus," the female kept shouting and Harry kept dodging and throwing up Protego's.

If the spell missed him, it would end up hitting the ward that was set around the stage that kept all magic inside the stage and all magic outside from going in.

Harry was shaking from the pain from the curse that made him feel like his bones were broken. The only thing at this point keeping him going was the Adrenaline that was masking the hurt and his magic that was sometimes using spells without him even fully realizing it.

It sent stunner after stunner toward the female dueler and often magically sent some of the spells aimed at him back toward her.

But the strain was there, which is why Harry was surprised when his magical reserves did a last ditch effort to help him and performed the Mortuus Dormire spell.

It was a magical surge of power that knocked everyone within 30 feet of the caster back 10 feet and it also knocks them out. It pulses from the caster in all directions and cannot be blocked by any shield.

Without meaning to, Harry felt his magical core let out the surge of power for the spell and blasted him and the female 10 feet. His magic felt more settled now that the female was knocked out but felt himself too drained to even open his eyes. He blacked out from magical exhaustion.

Next Chapter: The Ear Splitting Shriek That Neville Says Comes Out of the Egg

SPELLS USED:

Akern - Makes the target feel as though all the bones in the area where hit are broken, example, if hit in the arm it feels like all the bones in that arm are broken.
Assai Del Segno - a shield that gets stronger with each spell that hits it
Bovini Magus - turns the target into a cow
Diffindo - make something split, cutting charm
Excallibus - creates a large sword
Evanesco - Transfiguration spell used to vanish both animate and inanimate objects "into non-being, which is to say, everything"
Furnunculus - causes boils to appear on target
Flipendo - knockback jinx, throws the target back 10 feet
Fteros - causes a pair of wings to appear on your back
Kitte imasu - shoots an arrow at your opponent
Lugo - causes the target to feel like they are being stabbed all over by pins
Maherius - makes the victim feel like they are being stabbed in the location where the spell hits
Mortuus Dormire - surge of power, knocks everyone within 30 feet of the caster back 10 feet and it also knocks them down. This pulses out from the caster in all directions and cannot be blocked by any shield
Pesante - similar to 'Flipendo' except this also causes the target to feel like they have been punched very hard in the stomach
Porcini Magus - turns the target into a pig
Protectus Fista - the physical shield, this spell does not block any magical attacks; however, it blocks all physical attacks like punches, swords, or gunshots
Protego - creates a shield
Tarantallegra - causes the target to lose control of their legs
Voxinous - feel like you are being burned all over
Yakanas - makes the target feel like all the bones in their body are broken

Websites Used in Making Chapter:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2147931/2/Spells-Creatures
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2147931/3/Spells-Creatures
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2147931/4/Spells-Creatures
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2147931/5/Spells-Creatures
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2147931/6/Spells-Creatures
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2147931/7/Spells-Creatures
http://harrypotter.fandom.com/wiki/Vanishing_Spell

Word Count: 1881

Note: I hope these dueling scenes aren't too boring and I hope I explain these spells well enough. Obviously, most you probably won't know so I do hope I do explain them for you along with keeping it action packed. Never really good with action so you might have to let me know how well I did. Sorry for the lack of updates this past week, was taking a mental break for the week that I needed. Hopefully might start updating again but we'll see how it goes. I'm not going to push myself so...