(45) - joining again

*time skip* (A/N: sorry)

It was at night. Hermione strode outside the tent as she couldn't sleep. A terrible nightmare of Draco haunted her mind. So Hermione decided to stand there and look around at her surroundings.

She stood there for five minutes, before she turned to walk back into the tent. But stopped mid-step when she heard muffled voices. Spinning around, she saw snatchers. But one 'snatcher' caught her eye. One with platinum blond hair and dark grey eyes. Luckily, thanks to Hermione's amazing protective enchantments, the snatchers couldn't see her. At all.

But, just as Draco strolled casually past Hermione with Scabior, she couldn't help but notice how sad and heartbroken Draco looked. But then Draco stopped in his tracks, and turned to face exactly where Hermione was standing. Like he knew she was there. But that was impossible!

Draco walked over to stand directly in front of Hermione. She could clearly see him, but Draco saw no one. But he could smell. The amazing smell of the spear mint was stronger than the other two smells though. The scent reminded Draco of himself. Draco took one more sniff of the smell, and when he continued to smell it, he knew that his 'Mione was around.

"Um.. 'Mione?" Draco whispered very very quietly so the snatchers couldn't hear him. There was silence for a few seconds.

"Draco... Please don't say anything to them." Hermione replied, equally quiet. Draco could hear Hermione's perfect voice, but saw thin air in of him.

"I won't. I miss you. Be safe." Draco stated quietly and turned to leave.

"Malfoy? Who're you talkin' to?" Scabior asked, pointing to where Draco was talking to 'thin air'.
Draco sighed dramatically.

"No one! Now can we get a move on!? Unless you want to explain to the minister why it took you so long to gather one little body! You'll be the one suffering the consequences, not me! You know the minister's patience is not very good!" Draco snapped.

The snatchers all nodded quickly and walked briskly through the forest. Draco took one more glance at Hermione, the thin air, and then went to catch up with the snatchers.

Hermione felt someone behind her. Hermione turned around suddenly when she heard a voice from behind her. But when it was the voice of Harry, Hermione calmed down.

"Snatchers." Harry pointed out. "Good to know your enchantments work." He added.

"He could smell it. Draco. My perfume that he got me." Hermione mumbled quietly. Harry put a hand on her shoulder.

"We're all here for you 'Mione. The sooner we destroy all the horcuxes the better!" Harry began as they turned around to walk back to the tent. "How about we go tomorrow?" He finished. Hermione sighed as Harry started to walk a little faster.

"I told you! Ron isn't strong enough to apparate!" Hermione muttered, catching up to Harry. They had broken into the ministry to get the locket horcrux, which they now have. But when they arrived back from the ministry, Ron got badly splinched down his arm.

"Well then... We'll go on foot!!" Harry exclaimed frustratingly.

So the next day, they walked through huge fields and meadows, farms and barns, caravans and mobile homes, and much more just to reach their destination.

"Hermione?" A voice called from somewhere behind Hermione. Hermione turned around and saw Ron trailing behind her and Harry. Hermione slowed down to walk with Ron.

"Yeah?" Hermione replied.

"Do you think that you'll have your happy ever after with Draco?" Ron asked. Hermione fell silent.

"Um... I don't know. I know I'm going to see him again, I just know it! But be together again? Probably not... But i don't care! As long as Draco is happy." Hermione explained.

"You sure about that?" Ron asked. Just then, Hermione froze in her tracks, making Harry and Ron turn to face her. "Hermione? What's wrong?" Ron asked.

"I can't do this.. I'm so sorry! I have unfinished business to do..." Hermione said and then apparated away, leaving Ron and Harry shocked at the sudden abandonment.

Hermione appeared outside Malfoy Manor. And at that moment, she didn't care who answered. Hermione just wanted to see Draco. So Hermione was going to see Draco in a way that would change Hermione's life back to how it was before.

So Hermione raised a shaky hand to the door and knocked on it three times. After a few moments, the door swung open to reveal a woman. Hermione sighed in relief as she was pulled into a hug.

"Hermione dear! Oh I've missed you." The voice of Narcissa mumbled as she continued to hold Hermione in the embrace. After Narcissa pulled away, she started to look serious. "But what are you doing here!? You shouldn't be here... If the dark lord knew you were here, then--" Narcissa was interrupted.

"--relax Cissy! I actually came here to... See the dark lord. Is he here?" Hermione asked in a shaky tone. Narcissa let out a quiet gasp.

"Really? But, dear... Why would you want to see him after what he did to you?" Narcissa questioned. Hermione smiled slightly and tried to argue with herself in her head.

'Should I do this? No. He might kill me! But I am doing this because I love Draco! But what if he won't let me see him? There is no turning back now. Will my friends hate me for going back to them? No, I have to do this!!!' Hermione thought to herself.

"Please Cissy. I need to see the dark lord urgently. Could you please bring me to him?" Hermione muttered. After hesitating for a few seconds, Narcissa gave a long sigh and slowly nodded.

Narcissa led Hermione down the hallway and up one flight of stairs until they reached a door. Narcissa pushed it open and every person's head in the room immediately snapped to the entrance of the room.

Two death eaters were holding on to Hermione's arms to stop her from escaping. It's not like she was kidnapped, but these death eaters as guards were very strict. Hermione scanned the room for any sign of Draco, but he wasn't there.

"Ah... Hermione Granger. The Mudblood who was brave enough to run out on me even though you would've nearly been killed! What brings you here today?" Voldemort asked with a hiss in his tone like a snake. Hermione had to bring all of her courage up to the very top to say the next seven words that were about to roll off of her tongue.

"I want to join the deatheaters again." Hermione blurted out. Narcissa went to run up to Hermione, but was held back by Lucius and Rodolphus.

"Hermione no! Don't do this to yourself again!! Please!! It's too dangerous! Hermione please no!!! For me! For Draco!!" Narcissa screamed as she tried to run towards Hermione but the two men kept good grip on her, not letting Narcissa anywhere near Hermione. Voldemort smiled evilly.

"You can't go back if you choose to join us again Miss Granger. Or i will make sure that you will get the severe consequences that you didn't get last time. Are you certain that you want to join?" Voldemort questioned. Hermione hesitated for a minute.

"Yes, I am sure. I already have the mark so I don't need the initiation again ...my lord." Hermione mumbled.

"Very well then, take a seat. Draco will be along shortly." Voldemort stated. Hermione's eyes lit up at the mention of Draco's name. And if on cue, Draco entered the room.

"Hermione??"

A/N: HERMIONE IS BACK TO THE DARK SIDE!!!
What will Draco say?
What will all of her friends say?
Will Hermione want to get out of it again?
Which side will she take for the final battle?
Read to see what will happen next
Next chapter out soon! (hopefully)