(35) - memory loss

Hermione woke up, facing the ceiling of a room that is unfamiliar to her. A white room with curtains surrounding a white bed. Hermione was in St. Mungo's.

Hermione sat up properly and realised that someone was leaning against the door frame. Harry.

"H-Harry? Um... What happened to me?" Hermione whispered as she rubbed her tired eyes.

"You don't remember?" Harry asked. Hermione just shook her head and stared at Harry questioningly.

"No... The last thing I remember is hearing that my parents were killed by Voldemort... Why? Harry, why am I here!? What happened? Where's Ginny? Or Ron? Or Voldemort? Or--"

"Hermione, calm down! You seriously don't remember?" Harry questioned again, walking over to stand beside Hermione.

"No... Please tell me what's going on." Hermione muttered. Harry just stared at Hermione like she had grown and extra head. And then he spoke.

"Um.. I'll be right back. I need to go... Get someone." Harry muttered before dashing out of the room.

Hermione lay backwards in her bed. She furrowed her eyes as she tried to think about how she had gotten here. The last thing that Hermione remembered was her parents dying and finding out that she had to become a deatheater.

'I still need to think about how I'm supposed to kill Dumbledore.' Hermione thought. She couldn't even remember that she was no longer a death eater. She was just a girl with a fearfull, permanent tattoo on her left forearm.

After a few more minutes, Harry raced back into the room. Followed by Ginny, Ron, Parkinson, Zabini and... Him.

"Malfoy? What the hell are you doing here!? Ow, my head hurts... Why are these three snakes in here, guys? Someone please explain!" Hermione yelled. Ginny came and sat on the chair on the right side of Hermione's bed.

"Hermione... Tell us what you remember! No, wait. Let me try something." Ginny began. "Do you remember how you got this 'Mione?" Ginny added, gesturing to the promise ring from Draco.

"Um... No I don't. Who got me this? It's... It's beautiful. Ron? Did you get me this?" Hermione beamed brightly at Ron and smiled widely as she stroked the ring gently.

"Um... No. I... Um.. Dr.. Someone else in this room got it you.." Ron stuttered.

"Who? Harry?"

"No."

"Um... I can't think of anyone else who would've got it for me." Hermione stated. All eyes were looking at Draco sympathetically, which made Hermione even more confused.

"I... I gotta go." Draco mumbled before dashing out of the room. Ginny and Pansy charged after Draco, and the boys waited with Hermione.

The girls found Draco sitting against a wall in the st. Mungos changing rooms. Pansy and Ginny walked over to him and sat in front of him.

"Draco... It's okay.." Pansy whispered, placing a hand on Draco's shoulder. Draco shrugged the hand off though and stood up.

"No it won't! Pansy, 'Mione doesn't remember that we were together! She thinks I am the stupid ferret that i used to be! She doesn't remember.... She just broke up with me without knowing it." Draco yelled.

"Draco! She'll remember, just not straight away! Calm down and be patient with her." Ginny shouted. Draco just sighed in reply. A few gasps were heard from Hermione's room.

"Draco, Pansy, Ginny!! Come on!" The voice of Harry was heard. They all ran back inside to see Hermione back to her unconscious state. She was sweating and mumbling something, like she was in a dream, but also a nightmare.

Hermione's dream/nightmare:

"You ready?" Draco questioned, watching Hermione pace back and forth in a separate room.

"No, I'm about to get a bloody dark mark!!" Hermione hissed, stressed and nervous. Draco walked over and hugged her tight, making Hermione immediately relax and hug back. Then Draco pulled away and kissed Hermione's right hand, stroking the promise ring.

"You'll do great. Just look at the promise ring to remind you that I'm in the crowd watching you. Okay?" Draco smiled reassuringly. Hermione, after hesitating, smiled back and nodded, taking a long breath.

Hermione entered another dream/nightmare:

It was 12:00, new years day. It was like the battle had disappeared from Draco and Hermione's mind as they stared into eachothers eyes.

"Happy new year Draco."

"Happy new year Hermione."

Then, Draco captured Hermione's lips with his own and everything blurred away.

Hermione entered another dream/nightmare:

"No, please no... DON'T HURT ME, I BEG YOU! PLEASE! No!!!!!" Hermione screamed at the top of her lungs as her eyes shot up. Then, Hermione sat up quicker than you could blink and she burst into tears. Ginny immediately ran to Hermione's side, pulling her into a tight hug.

"Hermione... It's okay. 'Mione, it was just a nightmare. You're safe." Ginny comforted Hermione as she let Hermione sob on her shoulder.

"What happened? Where am I? Where's Draco? I want to talk to Draco!!" Hermione yelled, sitting up as she wiped away her tears. Draco rushed to Hermione's side.

"I'm here 'Mione, I'm so glad you're okay." Draco whispered, pulling Hermione into a tight embrace. Hermione started to sob again into Draco's chest.

"Draco... I hate these nightmares... Make them stop! Please! I can't handle them anymore!" Hermione screeched, sobbing louder and louder.

"I'm sorry Hermione... They'll stop, I'm sure of it." Draco made an attempt to comfort her without screwing it up. Draco wasn't exactly the best at the comfort.

Hermione awoke from the dreams/nightmares and was panting heavily.

Hermione's eyes immediately darted to Draco, and then to Ginny. Hermione couldn't help but look at Draco from the corner of her eye though.

"Guys? Can I quickly just talk to Gin? You can all come back in five minutes. It's important!" Hermione stated. Everyone nodded and exited the room.

"Hermione? What is it?" Ginny questioned.

"Ginny... I had a weird dream. And I'm starting to wonder if it was a vision..." Hermione whispered quietly.

"Um... Is it about Draco by any chance?" Ginny asked. Hermione's eyes widened in shock.

"How did you know!?" Hermione exclaimed, in a hushed tone. Ginny's smile widened and widened.

"Hermione!!! That wasn't a dream! That is real life! You must have been hit with obliviate when no one saw. You and Draco are together 'Mione. He got you that ring. He loves you. He is your boyfriend." Ginny explained, leaving Hermione in shock and confusion.

"Um... Please send him in." Hermione mumbled, still in shock about what she had just heard. Ginny hurried out of the room to go and find Draco.