As soon as she was gone Esidisi spoke up. "For the love of god, please talk to your child." He said to Kars.

Kars rolled his eyes and ploped down onto the cold rock. "It's no use. She'll just act childish, just like she always does. I don't understand why she's so desperate to keep that child. She sleeping right now and Thana is gone. We could end the girl's life right now, and never be bothered with her kind again." he stated calmly. "Thana will get over it."

"Kars that's cruel even for you. She said she trusted us to take care of her. Would you really betray her trust?" Esidisi said while sitting beside the girl's sleeping form.

"If it is to keep her safe, then I won't hesitate."

"Do you honestly think this child is trying to harm her?"

"The ones she's with could be..."

"Master Kars." Santana spoke. "I don't trust the girl either, but Thana likes her alot. Maybe you should ask her why she is so attached to the girl and maybe you'll like her too. And if you still don't like the girl you can at least have somewhat of an understanding why she does."

Kars thought for a moment.

Kars POV

'Why should it matter? The girl is still dangerous! I do still need to talk to her... Not about this whole Lyra situation, but about her mother.'

"I'm going out as well." I say rising from where I sat

"Where will you go?" Esidisi questioned.

"I will properly speak with my daughter"

Wammu POV

'Vera' that name kept replaying in my head. So that's her name? Why does she despise people calling her that? Does she not like the name? It sounds fine to me

"Wammu." Santana speaks from beside me. "Do you think Thana is going to leave us?"

"She has her own life. She doesn't have to spend it with us, especially since we're going to be actual immortals after this is all over."

"...But won't you be... What's the word?... Won't you be sad."

"No. We have all the time in the world to see her."

"Oh. I see. Once you become immortal what will you do?"

"What a silly question, I'll..." What will I do? I'm a warrior and I enjoy fighting challenging opponents. Who would be able to have a fair fight with me? Thana has gotten into a fight once with Kars and lost and she is the closest thing to the perfect life form. No fight would be fair. do what do I do? "I actually don't know... What will you do?"

"Explore this planet. And since humans have gone to the moon maybe I can find a way to explore things outside this planet without being frozen, like Master Kars."

Sounds like Santana has a plan. Maybe I'll study earth until I know what to do for all eternity. Master Kars wanted to rule over all humans before. I wonder if he still has that thought in mind... For Thana's sake I hope not. She wouldn't want him to.

Thana's POV

I was still pissed. Why does Kars have to be a jerk? How can I show him that Lyra is literally just a kid?

I continued to walk. I was looking for a  sign of civilization. There should be a place to get soap, up ahead. We all stink. I also wanted to get some clothes for everyone too. Now everyone will be able to go in public with out being half naked.

"Hello Thana." I almost screamed and fell face first into the snow. I then felt hands go under my arms and gently lift me up. I was confused, but when I saw who held me, I became aggravated.