The mother

(Oof. The picture)

""""""""""""
Guys please. The chapter literally says "The Mother". I could see the confusion, but I picked "MOTHER" for a reason.

""""""""""""

I woke up, and the man was gone.

I knock on the door to my room mates room. "What? It's early. Go away." Ryo grumbles.

"Wake up! The dude is gone!" I say.

"So? Isn't that good? He left on his own, so you're not responsible for his death. Problem solved."

"Ryo!"

"Fine. I'll help look for your 'pet bird'..." He says. The door opens revealing Ryo.

"Thank you so much Ryo. I promise I'll pay you back."

"Whatever. Maybe he's somewhere in the house looking for food."

We go to the kitchen and see the fridge open but no guy. "None of the food is eaten." I say while closing the fridge back.

"Maybe he thought he was hungry but changed his mind."

"Maybe..."

"What if he's on the roof?"

"Why would he be on the roof?"

"WHY WOULD HE FALL FROM THE SKY!!?"

"...Good point."

I ran out side and looked at the roof. I saw the man's flowing long dark purple hair. His back was facing me. "See? There he is." Ryo says with a smug look on his face. I roll my eyes and walk over to the vine growing on the side of my house and began to climb it. "Isn't that poison ivy?"

"Of course not." I grumble.

On the roof I see the man staring at the sun rise. He looks like he's thinking pretty hard. Should I come back later? He doesn't seem to notice me. As if he read my mind. His eyes were on me. Red irises. "Is something wrong?" he says with an uninterested look.

"I was just checking on you. Did you remember anything?" I asked.

"No." He faces the rising sun again.

"So not even your name?" He stayed quiet. "I don't know much about the brain, or even your brain, but I can try and help you get your memory back."

"...how?"

"Well maybe if I walk you around different areas it'll remind you of different things. Even things I say might remind you of who you are. Before you passed out, you said Jojo. Do you know who it is?"

He looks downwards "no."

"... do you know if you're human?"

"I don't know."

"Well if you want, I can take you around town!... If you want... You might see an object that you recognize. Or see someone you know."

"What if that doesn't work? What if I'm stuck like this forever?"

"Then you can become someone new. I'm sorry that I can't help you. I wish I could do more."

"You need not apologize. You did nothing wrong."

"I just feel bad is all... Well I'll be in my room if you need me." the man nods and continues to stare at the sky. I climb down and realized that I did climb poison ivy. "Shit."

"I told you it was poison ivy." Ryo says. "So what did you guys talk about?"

"I'm taking him into the city." I say scratching my palm