Its not enough (Narry)

Start from the beginning

I go to sleep every night with a good night text and wake up every morning with a morning text, despite the fact I haven't texted back.
I head over to Louis house 3 days later, with the rest of Nialls stuff. He never came for it so I decided to just take it over.

"What do YOU want?" Louis snaps as I arrive.
"Brought Nialls stuff over-"
"-And we're supposed to be grateful!? You've broken that boys heart and right now I want to smack you in the face with a chair. So fuck off."
"We needed space Louis" I sigh.

"No. You needed space. He needed help-"
"-maybe I needed help! I've been working double shifts to keep the food on the table and he just always complains that’s it's cold or he’s bored or he’s still hungry. Well, maybe he needs to choose between heating and food because I can't afford both."

"Here's a thought, maybe he was asking you to get him a jumper or a blanket, you know since he isn't allowed to go upstairs yet."
"Maybe" I mutter, not wanting to admit I hadn't thought of that.
"Where's the stuff?"
"My car-"
I don't finish before Louis is storming out of the house, closing the door and walking purposefully to my car. He opens the boot and grabs the 3 bags.
"You can get lost now" is all he says before going inside and slamming the door.

It's another week later when I try to see Niall again.

"He doesn't want to see you" Louis says blocking the door. I try to push past him. He's not much taller than Niall, so he can't be that strong. Turns out he is actually strong and I end up falling out of the door.

"Get lost Harry."
"I want to see Niall" I glare.
"Yeah because it's all about you. It's all about what you want. You go around calling the shots, making demands based on what you want or need. Let me ask you something, when was the last time you listened to Nialls needs or wants and fulfilled them?" Louis challenges.

The question leaves me stunned. It's like a royal brick to the face, full of realisation. I haven't been caring for him. Financially: yes. Literally (cleaning him and feeding him): yes. But any other way: no. I think back to the time 3 weeks ago when he asked if I could get him some grapes as I was going shopping. I purposely got the red ones, knowing he only eats green. He ate them anyway to please me.

"Harry, I'm not saying you're a shit boyfriend. He's stayed with you for the last 3 years so you can't be that terrible. But since the operation something in you has changed. It's like you're blaming Niall, even though it's not his fault. I just can't understand why" Louis reasons.

"I-I just-forget it" I sigh walking to my car. I get in and lock the doors before driving to the next street over and pulling up to cry. It's the first time I've cried since the break up. The tears don't stop for nearly an hour.
Once they do; I head home and get into a deep clean. Sterilising everything and cleaning out everything. It takes 6 hours to do the whole house. My phone beeps and I look at the text.

From: Niall :)
You probly won't text back, but sleep well. I love you x

That starts the debate in my head. Do I love Niall? I mean really love him? Like the way his eyes used to light up when I took him on dates. Or the little bounce in his step as we went for our monthly bowling, cinema and food night. Or the way he'd pick the peas off of his Chinese curry and give them to me in exchange for my onions.
"Every pea. He'd pick out every pea, cos he knows I love them" I mumble as the tears fall again.

My phone chimes signalling another message.

From: Niall :)
I no this might sound weird,, but I just got chest pain. I usually get em wen you cry. You dont av t say anythin else. But Are you alright? Are you safe? x

From: Hazza x
I'm okay Ni

From: Niall :)
Good x

Before I know what I'm doing the phone is to my ear and already calling Nialls number.
"-Lo" a sleepy voice mumbles. Shit I forgot he went to bed early, due to the medication.
"Sorry for waking you. Go-go back to sleep Niall"
"Hazza? Are you okay?" He asks shyly, more alert but sleep still evident in his voice.