Kisses fix everything (Narry)

Comenzar desde el principio

"Haz I don't know him" he says looking at Mr Payne with genuine fear on his face.
"Niall? Is everything okay?" Mr Payne asks walking closer.
Niall flinches and tries to move further away.

"Niall, what are you doing?" He asks, sounding annoyed.
"Haz, why does he know me?" He asks tears in his eyes, refusing to look away from the teacher.
"He's our teacher, remember?" I say slightly panicking.

"I don't know him" he almost shouts.
"Okay. Okay, clam down babe" I say, rubbing his arm.
"Niall it's Mr Payne" the teacher says cautiously, arms out stretched to show he means no harm.
"I don't know you" Niall snaps.
"Haz, I don't know him" he cries, tears falling and breath quickening. He's hyperventilating. He's having a panic attack.

"Baby look at me" I say, kneeling on the floor in front of his chair "you're okay. Control your breathing for me yeah? Come on Ni. Copy my breathing. In. out. In. Out. In. That's it. In. Out. Good boy. Come on darling. That's it. That's it Ni." I say, prompting him to copy my breathing.
He closes his eyes and tries to regulate his breathing.

"What’s goin’ on Haz?" Niall mumbles a minute or two later.
"You had a panic attack babe."
"Oh." He mutters, breathing slowing down.
"Niall? Are you okay?"
"Yeah thanks Mr P."
"Niall you know him?" I frown.
"Yeah, he's our teacher" he laughs confused.

That's when Nialls memory starts faltering.

After the forgetting Mr Payne thing, Niall forgot which school he was at. He forgot he left the pan of pasta cooking and went out. He forgot which house was his (he's lived there 16 years).

Maura noticed too. He's forgotten who she is a couple of times. That's when we decide to get him checked by the doctor. The doctor refers him for MRI and CT scans on his brain at the hospital.

Luckily the head teacher agrees I can have the time off to go with him and his dad. (I would have gone anyway but this way is legal).

"Where are we going Hazza?" Niall asks as we pack our books away half way through maths class.
"The hospital babe, remember?"
"Oh. Is Gemma okay? Is she why we're going?"
I close my eyes to hold back to tears and shake my head.
"No babe."
"Hazza, why are you crying? Are you ill?"

More tears fall and I shake my head. I open my eyes when I feel a kiss on my cheek.
"Kisses fix everything" Niall smiles at me "let's go see Gemma" he says holding my hand as we leave.

We head to the hospital and they do all the tests. I'm allowed in the room with him, as I'm the only person he hasn't forgotten yet.
We're called in a week later for the results.

"Hi, thank you for coming in, I'm Dr Tomlinson, please have a seat. How've you been Niall?"
"Are you my teacher?"
"No Niall, he's the doctor, remember?" I say, rubbing his thigh.
"No" he sighs.

"I'm really sorry to have to tell you this, but we can 100% confirm that based on the brain scans, Niall has developed Alzheimer's, which is a form of Dementia. It's mainly forgetting things but can also be confusion over who people are and places. It affects the memory short term and long term. Looking at the scans his brain has deteriorated at an unusually fast pace and unfortunately there is not cure."

"He's going to forget who we are?" I gasp, tears falling yet again.

"He will have what I call zones. He will zone out and not know where you are one moment and a minute later he will remember you. Sometimes it will be longer than a minute. These will increase and get longer each time. It's never been known before for a 16 year old to develop Dementia but the scans don't lie.”

"Don't be sad Hazza. I love you" Niall smiles at me, holding my hand.
"I love you Niall. So much. Please remember that at least" I beg softly.
“Always" he promises.