Chapter 326 to 330

Start from the beginning

Chu Lian knew his motivations very well in her heart. He Sanlang had probably heard of the matriarch taking back Guilin Restaurant, so he had spent his money to make it up to her.

Although his expressions were as cold and stiff as the King of Hell and he disliked speaking, his actions spoke volumes.

"I'll open a restaurant."

When she had lost Guilin Restaurant, she had already been planning on opening another, but it wasn't easy to find a good location. Furthermore, she didn't have that much money on hand, as she had invested heavily in the market at the northern border. Thus, her plans had been delayed.

With He Sanlang's present, she could put her plans into action earlier than she had expected.

He Changdi raised one sharp brow. As he had expected, Chu Lian would open a restaurant again.

The couple hadn't snuggled and chatted intimately like this for a long time, so He Sanlang, the man of few words, was in the mood to speak more.

When he recalled how Chu Lian had set up Guilin Restaurant by herself, He Changdi felt admiration towards his little woman.

Just what was her brain made of? How could it produce so many wondrous thoughts? She even had ideas that he would never be able to think of.

When he had been chatting with his sworn brother Prince Jin one day, even Prince Jin had spoken highly of Chu Lian's innovative ideas.

Ch. 327 New Restaurant

"Is it going to be just like Guilin Restaurant?" He Changdi became curious as to what his wife had in mind.

Back when Chu Lian had single-handedly brought Guilin Restaurant to fame, he hadn't helped at all, but now, he wanted to be a pillar of support for her.

Chu Lian shook her head.

"It'd be boring to do the same thing again. This time, I'll open a restaurant specialising in roast duck! I'm going to be selling the roast duck I made at Prince Wei's estate. You've already tried it, so what do you think?"

He Sanlang burst into a bout of open laughter. "In that case, I'm going to be receiving complaints from Fourth Prince."

Confused, Chu Lian tilted her head, but she immediately caught on. "Prince Jin is the owner of Yuehong Restaurant?"

Wasn't Yuehong Restaurant famed for having the best roast duck in the capital?

Royal Princess Duanjia had brought her there for a meal last year, but the taste of their duck was nothing to write home about.

"Isn't that even better? Prince Jin is rich anyways, and that Yuehong Restaurant only has a single signature dish. Besides, the restaurant I'm going to open won't just be selling roast duck."

Feeling helpless, He Changdi said, "This time, I'll find you some helpers, so don't push yourself to take care of everything."

There were two downsides if Chu Lian personally managed the restaurant. Firstly, it'd be tough on her. Secondly, it wouldn't reflect well on her since she had given the broken Guilin Restaurant away.

If it was left to someone else to manage, even if people suspected them, they wouldn't go running their mouths off if they didn't have any solid evidence. This would also serve to protect the tentative peace between Chu Lian and Matriarch He on the surface.

Chu Lian knew that He Changdi was doing this for her own good, so she didn't object. When the time came for it to open, she could just make a few covert trips there to keep an eye on things.