I promise, one day, you will be heard (Narry)

Start from the beginning

"Niall?" Liam whispers around an hour later. We’re already three beers in (each) and there’s an abandoned pizza on the table that none of us really wanted once it had arrived.
"Who's that?" I mumble from where my head is pathetically laid on the table.

"My cousin, he went bag packing around- um- well, everywhere. He's back now, coming to crash with me later today. He's single."

"And you think he'll agree to marry me, just to get my mum off my case?' I ask slowly. I'm not buying it. He rather won't do it, or if he does he's got a screw loose. No one would marry a stranger.

"No one would marry a stranger" Zayn pipes up from the kitchen door. He's been standing at the door for cigs all night, despite claiming he’s stopping smoking. He isn’t. Let’s me honest. But, at least in not the only one thinking this Niall fella has a screw loose.

"If it was to help someone, Niall would" Louis voices.

I'm sat nervously waiting for Niall to arrive at Liam’s house, 4 hours later. I feel bad for the kid, he's literally getting ambushed as he gets through the door, after a 14 hour flight.
"Fuck Li I'm so tired" an Irish accented voice sounds from the hallway. We hear him drop a bag before kicking off his shoes as Liam goes to greet him.

Myself, Louis and Zayn wait in the kitchen, so the cousins can have a catch up and so Niall can get comfortable.

"How was the flight" Liam hums and I can tell from the muffled voice, he’s cuddling Niall and has his face wedged into Nialls shoulder.
"Long. Never again" he whines.
"Tommo and Zee are hear. Also our friend Harry"

"Wa-ha-hy?" He moans and I can hear the tiredness in his voice. The last thing he clearly wants to do, is socialise.
"To see me. And you. We need a favour."
They come in the kitchen a moment later.

Niall is shorter than I pictured. He has fluffy fake blonde hair that's stuck up all over the place, but looks hot as fuck. He’s wearing the sleepiest face I have ever seen and has such a tiny frame. He is also wearing one shoe. Hmmm. I'm guessing he couldn't get it off and was too tired to keep trying.
"Niall this is Harry. Harry this is Niall" Liam introduces us.

"Hiya" he mumbles rubbing one eye with his fist.
"Hey Niall" I smile softly.
"So, long story short. We need you to marry harry" Louis says.
"M'kay" Niall nods sleepily, clearly not comprehending a thing as he looks like he's going to fall asleep, where he's standing.

"Li, maybe we should talk to him after he's slept" I suggest, not liking the idea of ambushing the kid and abusing his sleepy state to get him to agree to this frankly ridiculous idea.
"He's meeting your mum tomorrow, if he agrees. And if he doesn't, we need to find someone else" Louis sasses.
"Okay okay. Niall can you wake up please?" I frown.

" ‘M up. Where 'm I goin’ " he hums lightly and all four of us coo at him.
"Here, drink this" Zayn says, guiding him to a chair and putting a coffee in front of him.

10 minutes later he's wide awake.
"I'm doing what?" He laughs.
"I need you to marry me. My mum is on my case about not being married. So, I'm 21 next month and apparently that means, if I'm not married before then, I'm getting diabetes and dying early. Look. She's weird. She's trying to make me marry my ex Taylor-"
"-who broke his heart. She slept with Josh. You know from Footy-?" Louis buts in.
"-No way! He's straight? Since when?" Niall gasps, eyes wide with disbelief.
"Since Taylor apparently-"
"-guys!" I snap. We all need to focus!
"She arranged a date and venue for me to marry Taylor and I told her I was already engaged, just to get her to shut up and- She invited herself to the wedding. And wants to meet my fiancée tomorrow for tea" I end lamely.