Chapter 29: The Notes

The next couple of days went by agonizingly slow. I had decided against talking to Leo in case anything happened to him.

I still don't know where the note came from or who sent it, but it was enough to get me not to talk to Leo. This could just be some dumb prank but you never know. I'm not willing to play with his life like that. If there's even a slim chance that this note is real, then I need to protect Leo at all cost.

I can't have him end up dead in a ditch in the middle of nowhere.

Today I was finally going back to school. I've been gone for almost two weeks and I have a lot of stuff I need to catch up on. Fortunately, my teachers have been lenient regarding my school work. They gave me a week to catch up on all my missed assignments.

I picked out a high waisted Val k skater skirt paired with a vintage white t-shirt and my black combat boots that had a 3-inch heel on them. I left my hair down, to lazy to do anything besides brush it.

My backpack was fills with all my make-up work for school. It was a struggle to close it. The papers kept getting caught in the zipper. Eventually, I got it closed and walked downstairs.

"Remember what the doctor said. Take your medicine twice a day daily for the next 3 weeks and ice it at least once a day."

"Okay Doctor. I know what to do. Trust me I won't get injured again. I will be perfectly fine."

Via was catching a ride with Leo today so that meant I was on my own on the drive to school. The radio was playing some dumb pop song but I kept it on because everything else was dumb talk shows.

I arrived at school and immediately went to my locker to unload all my work. It's too heavy for me to carry around all day so I have to drop some of it off. The doctor also told me I shouldn't be lifting anything heavier than 10 pounds until my ribs are fully healed.

I opened my locker and a piece of paper fluttered to the ground.

I picked it up and carefully opened it.

You look beautiful today when you were getting dressed. That black bra looks great on you.

Anyways, I see that you haven't ended it with Leo yet.

Tell him that you don't like him today or else something bad is going to happen.

I don't like to share my property.

What?? So this person is still threatening Leo, somehow saw what I was wearing.

UN: Don't even think about going to the police or I will kill Leo.

Me: Who is this? Why are you threatening me?

UN: Isn't it obvious? Because I love you. I'm just making sure I get all the competition out of the way so you and I can be together forever.

Me: How did you get my number? Only a couple people have it.

UN: I have my ways. Remember what I said or it won't be just a warning anymore. bye.

Me: No, wait! Why are you doing this?
Me: What do you want from me?
Me: Hello?
Me:Hello?

I put my phone away and started to shake. God, I'm so scared. This definitely isn't a prank anymore. After I got the picture I was hoping it was just some kid messing with me, but after getting the note and these texts I know that it's real.

What have I done to deserve this? I'm a good girl. I get good grades, I work hard and I'm nice to almost everyone.

This doesn't make any sense.