Chapter 31//Troye

Start from the beginning

"This really is not what it looks like Troye." he says looking me straight in the eyes. He looks so worried, so scared. Why is he scared I was going to find out eventually any way.

"This looks pretty bad considering you've never said a word about Korey to me ever." I say letting a little more venom then necessary seep into my tone. He looks hurt and scared still. I guess I do mena something. He's absolutely terrified of the thought of losing me.

"He's a whole different part of my life, Troye. It never made sense to talk about him." He says back using more hand gestures than absolutely necessary. He runs a hand through his perfectly styled quiff. "Troye just listen to me, please. I've know Korey since I was four years old. He's my best friend. We say stuff like that to each other all the time. It doesn't mean what you think it does."

I let a breath of relief letting my shoulders relax as I study his face. I don't think he's done with his statement yet. "Troye, I care about you. The only person I can even think of pursing romantically is you. Well other than like Nick Jonas." We laugh and he sits next to me on his bed wrapping an arm around me pulling me against him. "It's you. It's you. It's you."

"Okay." I say and he snuggles against my hair. "I'm sorry I over reacted." I mumble against his chest. He just tightens his grip on me until we hear his stomach rumble. I pull away from him and he makes a very dissatisfied noise. I take his hands pulling him up off of the bed. He refuses to let go of my hand after I pull him up so we walk out of his room with our fingers intertwined.

His Aunt makes a point of not looking at us when we walk into the room. We sit at the table and Tyler's hand abandons mine going for the obvious priority right now. Sammy pulls a tray of cookies out the oven and sets them on a plate.

Tyler is eating like he hasn't eaten in years. All that can be heard is Sammy scampering around the kitchen and the sound of Tyler's fork in his plate. The lack of conversation leaves me with my thoughts. He said I'm the only one he's even thinking of pursuing romantically. Then why isn't he trying sweep me up right now before someone else swoops in? Maybe he knows that I've come to the conclusion that no one can compare to him. I should have just stuck with getting to know him from the start. Everything would be so much easier right now. I could kiss him without a worry. I want to kiss him but I don't want to come on to him right after what happened with Austin because he might think he's rebound. He is most definitely not. Tyler is my best friend in the whole world I would never do that to him.

"Troye try this cookie." Sammy says holding out a tree shaped sugar cookie with perfect green and red frosting on it. I take the cookie out of her hand and take a small bit. The sweet frosting hits my mouth with the distinct taste of sugar cookie and I make a hmm noise telling her that I like it. Tyler is finished by this point and he takes the rest of the cookie out of my hand shoving it in his mouth.

"Yum. That's good Aunty. It's one right now. I'm going upstairs I'll come down when the guest start arriving in an hour." Tyler pulls me out of my chair and leads me to his room. We sit against the head board and we look over at each other.

"Tyler will you sing to me?" I ask putting on my best pouty face and leaning against his shoulder. It takes several minutes but eventually I do finally convince him to sing for me. He tells me that he's going to sing something he knows I love.

"Guess it's true, I'm not good at a one-night stand

But I still need love 'cause I'm just a man

These nights never seem to go to plan

I don't want you to leave, will you hold my hand?

Oh, won't you stay with me?

'Cause you're all I need

This ain't love it's clear to see