Prologue

Brown eyes stared into mine. I tried to look away but it was no use. She was so beautiful. Her lips were moving, explaining something about math to me but I wasn't listening.

"Harry, are you even listening to me?" she asked, narrowing her eyes at me. She was explaining a math problem that I didn't understand.

"Am I listening? To what?" I asked.

"Harry," she whined. "We went over this five times already. Pay attention."

"Sorry, it's hard to concentrate," I muttered knowing I meant it a different way.

She sighed. "Maybe we should take a break."

"No, I still have six more problems to do," I said.

"Harry, Kevin is going to be picking me up soon," she said. Kevin. Ugh, his name made me want to puke. Kevin was her boyfriend. He was a horrible person.

He made her cry and be miserable and that was enough to earn my hatred. No one needs to really know me to see that I love her, she's my best friend. But that's all we'll ever be.

Maybe she will come to her senses and see we are meant to be... or not. We were the exact opposite but somehow we made our friendship as tight as book ends.

She was mine. And Kevin, ugh, stole my girl right out of my hands. She said she loved him buts he puts her through hell. There's no way she loves him. No way.

"Can you tell him to wait a bit longer?" I begged giving her my puppy face. Her features, of slight annoyance, softened.

"No, its our anniversary," she mumbled. My hands balled into fists without my permission. She must've noticed because she grabbed my hand in her smaller one and gave a squeeze.

The anger that I felt simmered down. "Alright," I sighed. "I'll figure it out myself."

"Good," she smiled. "Now, you can stay just don't break anything while i'm gone," she warned.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, get lost Grandma," I waved her off. She hated when I called her grandma.

She rolled her eyes at me before walking upstairs to her room, leaving me at her kitchen table. I was deeply in love with that girl.

I just wish Bella would notice me.

***