Chapter 28

"I can't believe I agreed to this," I groaned as I packed my stuff.

"It's all for Zayn, he's a good lad. Engaged as well," Louis smirked.

I couldn't hold back my smile. "He's engaged? To who, that Perrie girl?"

Louis nodded. "Yeah. He said he was very happy with her and blah blah blah. All the sappy crap."

I laughed. Louis was never one for the love stories. "When are you going to find a girl and settle down?"

Louis stilled the smirk disappearing. My eyes widened. "I-I'm going to stay single for ever," Louis murmured.

"You're seeing someone aren't you?"

Louis averted his gaze to his shoes becoming fascinated with them. "No-"

"What's her name!" I yelled.

"Harry-"

"Tell me, dude. This is huge. Louis Tomlinson, the biggest bachelor of them all is seeing someone," I teased noticing his blush. "And he's blushing."

Louis sighed shuffling over to my bed before taking a seat. "Her name's Eleanor."

"What's she like?"

"Sweet, smart, cute. I could go on," He shrugged.

"Oh my goodness, it's worse than I thought," I grinned.

"If you're quite finished, Styles, I'll leave you to pack."

With that he left my room. I didn't like being alone in my room. It gave me time to think. Way too much time to think. About Jane, mostly.

I just wanted to go to Zayn's party, visit Bella and get out of town. Literally.

***

"Hey, Zayn. This is a rocking party," I said finally getting to talk to him.

"Thanks, man. I, um, invited Niall and Bella if that's okay. I actually work with Niall now so I invited him."

I forced a smile. "It's your party, man," I said. He nodded before walking away to go and party some more.

Now I was a bit anxious to see Bella... and Niall. I leaned against a table looking around the place. It brought back way too many painful memories.

"Man, Bella told me you were coming... I didn't actually believe her." That voice...

"Mr. Niall Horan," I smirked.

"Styles, how's it going?" Niall grinned.

"Fine, I suppose," I shrugged. "Where's Bella?"

"Sorry? I couldn't hear you over the music."

"Where's Bella?"

"Oh, she's probably getting a drink or something."

I nodded letting the awkward silence pass between us. That's when Bella suddenly appeared next to Niall. He lifted his arm to hug her closer. He gave her a peck on the cheek. "Harry! It's so good to see you," She squealed.

"Likewise, I can't believe i'm actually here. I never thought I'd see you here," I admitted.

"I do hate Sunset but that's okay," She shrugged.

"I'm going to go find Zayn, I'll be back," Niall said before disappearing into the crowd.

"How have you been? Eating okay? Sleeping okay?"

"Bella," I groaned. I didn't come here so she could pester me like she was my mum.

"Sorry, i'm just worried about you," She sighed. She shuffled closer to me. "Harry, are you happy?"

"Bella, not here," I said.

"We need to talk about this, Harry."

"No we don't, this is a party. We're here to have fun and celebrate."

She wasn't buying it. "Okay, we are here to party but remember you're staying at my apartment. That means you will spill every little detail to me," She warned. I nodded.

"Fine."

"Good, now lets dance."

She grabbed my arm before I could protest. Dragging me onto the dance floor, Bella smiled as her hips swayed to the beat.

I remember dancing with Bella back in high school. This moment brought me back. She was so beautiful, as beautiful as I remembered. Her long brown hair was down to her back, her big brown eyes were closed as she jammed to the music.

Her hips were perfectly shaped holding a secret I found myself longing to find out.

I was in a trance, I had to be. No way would I be feeling this way about Bella, the Bella that I rejected, the Bella that actually has a loving boyfriend who happens to be a friend of mine.

No way.

She tugged at my arm trying to get me into the mood. Suddenly she turned around and started grinding her ass on me. My first instinct should have been to grab her hips and immediately push her away so why was I grabbing her hips to pull her closer?

Her arms were in the air carelessly. She was truly beautiful, stunning. Her body was out of this world. "Such a good dancer," I murmured in her ear.

I faintly heard her giggle at that. She continued to dance but she turned around, facing me now, and wrapped her arms around my neck not once braking eye contact with me.

"Really? You always said my dancing was goofy," She smirked.

I smiled. "You've improved."

"May I?" Niall appeared next to me grabbing Bella's arm.

I nodded as I put my hands in my back pocket giving them a fake smile. What the hell just happened?

***

"Good party, right?" Niall asked.

"Yeah, if you're into the kind of thing," I mumbled.

"Oh? And you aren't?"

"I... was and- dude what is this an interview? I'm going to bed," I said.

"Okay," He said holding his hands up in surrender. "I actually have to work late tonight so I won't be back until later tomorrow. Can you hold down the house?"

"Yeah, of course," I assured him.

He nodded and left the apartment. Bella walked put into the kitchen. Her hair was wet. "Where's Niall?" She yawned. "Oh yeah, he has to work late tonight," She muttered.

"Do you love him?" I blurted out.

Her eyes widened ever so slightly telling me that she was uncomfortable with that question. "Harry..."

"Do you?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Harry, I love him because I just do," She finished. I wasn't buying it.

"Did you miss me?" I don't know where all this was coming from.

"N-No."

I stepped closer to her, she took a step back. "Why not?"

"Stop it, Harry," She murmured. I took another step closer. Now she was cornered into the stove.

"Why not?" I urged.

"Because, I stopped loving you," She admitted quietly.

"Did you miss me?"

"Y-Yes."

"Then kiss me."

***

"What the heck? Harry, I have a boyfriend who I'm very fond of actually," Bella exclaimed.

What was I thinking? Did I have anything to drink? "Whatever. I'm going to stay with Zayn."

Bella gave me a concerned look before I walked out the door.