Chapter 1

I was walking into the kitchen of Bella's apartment when I heard a scream from her room. I wasn't surprised, Bella is always stressing over her dates with Kevin.

I took my time walking into Bella's room. "What seems to be the problem?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at the mess on her floor.

"Help me, Harry," She complained. "I have no idea what to wear and Kevin is going to be here soon."

I nodded, looking around the pile of clothes on the floor. "Yup," I mumbled. "You should wear this." I held up a maroonish purple type of dress that was long sleeves with a hood and a big pocket at the front.

She snatched it out of my hands and glared at me. "It's your fault I didn't see it sooner."

Oh brother. I rolled my eyes at her childishness but smiled nonetheless. "Now why don't you go on and get dressed, yeah?"

I watched as Bella changed her clothes and put on her makeup. I loved the way she pulled her face when she put on her eyebrow paint or whatever. She was perfect in so many ways.

I wanted her to dress up like that for me and stress about what to where for me. But she doesn't.

"Harry, how do I look?" I heard Bella ask, snapping me out of my thoughts.

My eyes widened at the sight. Her long brown hair cascaded down her back. True perfection. In that moment I wanted to admit my love for her but I held my tongue.

I shook my head to rid any thoughts of admitting anything. "Wow, Bella, you look..."

She frowned when I hesitated. "Horrible?"

"No, no, you're beautiful," I said.

"I sure hope Kevin thinks so," she mumbled. "Alright, he should be here in-"

She was cut off when a knock at the door was heard. She gasped. "Your prince charming awaits," I sarcastically snapped.

She gave me a look. "Harry, i'll be back before ten o'clock no later than midnight, yeah?"

I nodded, not trusting my voice. She quickly kissed my cheek before running out of the room.

When I heard the door close, I flopped down onto her bed. Why did I have to fall in love with my best friend?

***

Bella's POV

"Hey, there," Kevin grinned.

I smiled back. "You have no idea how nervous I was for this," I admitted.

"No, need to feel nervous around me. It is our 2 year anniversary," He said.

We drove the rest of the way in silence. Well, I asked him where we were going a couple of times but he would just tell me to zip it.

"Okay, we're here," He announced. I looked around, we were at a very expensive looking restaurant.

"Wow, it looks like a fortune," I muttered.

"Annabella, don't insult me. You know I can afford this place," He scoffed. We got out of the car and walked into the restaurant.

Kevin gave a guy a simple nod and we walked right in. "What-"

"Any table, you desire, sweetheart," He smiled. His charming smile that won my heart...

"Any table," I repeated.

"Yes, Bella," He snapped. "Any table, are you deaf?"

I ignored his rude tone and looked around. I saw a nice table with two chairs across from each other by the window. I pointed to that table. "That one," I said.

He nodded and led me to the table. He didn't pull the chair out for me.

"So, how was your day today?" He asked. Lucky for Kevin, he was in college. Before anyone loses their mind, i'm supposed to be a senior in college and he's a freshman in college so the age difference isn't too bad.

"It was alright," I shrugged.

"Alright? That's it?" He asked.

I gave him a look. "What more do you want me to say?"

"Annabella, I told you not-"

"Can we not have this conversation at our anniversary celebration? Please," I snapped, trying to keep my voice leveled.

"Do you really want to start a fight? Here?"

"No, I don't but-"

"I'm Ginger, I'll be your waitress for tonight." A blonde girl looked down at us- well, more like eye raped Kevin.

"Yeah, hi," Kevin said.

"Can I start ya'll off with a drink?" She asked. Her voice was way to cheery for me, at that point I wanted to slap her.

"Can I have-" I started until Kevin cut in.

"I'll take a coke," Kevin fake smiled and waved her off. She blushed and practically ran away.

"Why'd you do that?" I glared at him.

"We were having a conversation," He said, nonchalantly.

"Have you always been this rude and disrespectful?"

"You know what? I did spend a huge fortune on this stupid dinner. I even wore this dumb shirt," He snapped pulling at the black button up. "And wanna know what else?" He asked putting both hands on the table.

I gulped.

"I'm breaking up with you," He said. My heart dropped.

"What? Kevin-"

"Annabella, you should have seen this coming," He shook his head.

I gaped at him. On our anniversary? "How could you, Kevin. You couldn't wait until after our anniversary? You had to do it here?"

He sighed. Pulling out his wallet, slamming a 20 on the table he stood up and left me at the table.

I quickly stood up too and ran after him. "Kevin! Wait!"

He stopped walking abruptly. "It's over, Bella," He yelled. "Leave, go home!"

I choked out a sob. "You're my ride."

"Call your friend," he snapped and stormed off.

I rested my back on the wall nearest to me. Pulling out my phone and dialing Harry's number, I tried not to cry too loud.

"Bella?"

"Hi," I said, trying not to sound torn.

"What happened? What's wrong? I'm coming, tell me where you are," He rushed out. I should have known better than to try and hide my feelings from my best friend.

"I... i'm at the..." I realized I didn't even know the name of the restaurant. I looked up and saw that it was called. Bella's Diner. Wow.

I told Harry where I was. He stayed on the phone with me while I cried refusing to tell him what was wrong. He kept giving me assuring words like 'it's okay' or 'i'm almost there'.

A black car pulled up in front of me 20 minutes. A tall figure walked out of the car and came rushing over to me.

***

Harry's POV

"Bella!" I exclaimed. She came running over to me and into my arms crying. "Shh, tell me what happened."