[11] summaries and beginnings

WAYS NOT TO START YOUR STORY

1. LET ME GIVE YOU AN ENTIRE DESCRIPTION OF MYSELF

Hi, i'm Lizzie -- but not Lizzie Maguire. HAHAHA! Sorry, i'm super awkward and wierd! anyways!! i have like CRAZY long straight brown hair that reaches my waist and blue eyes and i'm 5'4 (super short, ugh). I have a brother, who's probably going to never appear in this story except for when i talk to him in the morning before i go to school. My parents work ALL THE TIME!!! so it's always just me alone :(((((((( i've never had a boyfriend. or a first kiss.

or a SLAP IN THE FACE WHICH U SHOULD BE GETTING FOR STARTING THE STORY OFF THIS WAY BECAUSE YOU SHOULD NEVER, NOT IN ANY LIFE FORM, DO THIS. (But if you have or do, don't sweat it. This is what learning is about. You feel embarrased, and then you fix things, so you can laugh at the people who do things wrong and be like "Ha, yeah, I used to do that wrong too" and then help them as well, and continue the never-ending cycle.)

2. riNG!!!

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!

My alarm clock went off and I groaned. The sunlight barged into my eyes and I quickly shut them, pulling the covers over me.

UGH, I, LIKE, HATE SCHOOL. UGH. GRUNT. UGH. GRUNT. UGH. GRUNT OF TEENAGE ANGST. UgHhhH.

Don't start off a story like this, man. Like everyone has done it before, which is exactly why you shouldn't do it. Starting your story with your character just waking up to the alarm going off is unoriginal and doesn't really do well to start a story at all. It's boring and doesn't do much to give you a feel for the story. You can start off a chapter like this if you really want to, but starting your entire story with "My alarm clock rang" is something I give a very firm nah to.

WAYS NOT TO HAVE YOUR SUMMARY:

1.

Never leave it blank. Always put something in there. Whether it's a quote or something, have something there. It's necessary so people can get a feel for what they're going to read and decide if they want to read it.

2. LET ME JUST INDULGE YOU IN THE ENTIRE PLOT OF THIS STORY.

Calum and Clarissa were best friends. Now they have feelings for each other!!!! They know this, but Clarissa's evil boyfriend is in the way. When Calum tries to kiss her, he KIDNAPS HER :O Then Calum has to go and save her! But can he? Read to find out!

NO. NO. NO. Only say whatever's necessary about your story and never give away too much. If you do, what's the point of reading the actual story when they know everything that's going to happen.

PRO TIP: NEVER, NOT IN THE AFTERLIFE, NOT ON THE TOILET, NOT IN THE SPIRIT WORLD, NOT IN HELL, NOT IN HEAVEN, NOT IN YOUR GRAVE, NOT IN YOUR PAST LIFE, AND DEFINITELY NOT NOW, USE "Read to find out!"

NEVER.

BECAUSE . . . .WOw...REA D ING?? A?? BOOK?? .. . .. TO FIND OUT WHAT IT MEANS??e/? . . ...I NEVER KNEW THAT THIS IS WHAT I HAD TO DO. . . I THOUGHT IF I LICKED THE SCREEN OF MY LAPTOP I COULD FIND OUT THE MYSTERY TO YOUR STORY . . . .. YOU HAVE SAVED ME.. . .OH MY GOD, YOU ARE TRULY ELITE . . ... aRE YOU GOD BECAUSE ONLY HE COULD BE SO ALL-KNOWING AND LEAK THIS POWERFUL STRATEGY OF UNDERSTANDING LITERATURE TO MERE MORTALS.. . . . REA DIN?G? TO ? FIND?? OUT/?? WELL SHIVER ME TIMBERS AND CALL ME BUDDHA BECAUSE I HAVE TRULY BEEN ENLIGHTENED

............................................never.

This is all. Good day.