[19] something crucial to understand

HELLO, FELLOW WRITERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I add a million exclamation points because that's so exciting! We're all creating alterior universes with other characters and people that other people can relate to or wish they coud relate to (AKA Harry Potter). Like, dude, you have created your own world which you are supreme leader of. Awesome. 

You are informing people about things in life and maybe inspiring them or making them understand themselves. 

 WOOT. [This is my form of cheer.]

That on its own is something to just appreciate.

Now, onto the skill of writing. I'm going to tell you all something: a good portion of Wattpad is mediocre at it. A lot of us can't put in enough details or have sucky grammar or stale characters or a bad plot. BUT the thing to to note is that all of us were like that in the beginning. No one woke up and suddenly was able to craft an amazing story that sells out. Nobody.

The only way to get better at wriiting is to keep on writing; write about cowboys, write about space, write about flowers who suddenly become human are just really confused and interested with everything, write aus for your favorite tv shows, DO NOT write sex-slave-falls-in-love-with-their-owner 5sos stories. (I always mention them but you guys just don't understand how much they disturb me like WHY would you willingly write a story in this situation?????????)

But lemme tell you all, three or two years ago, I sucked so bad at writing scientists considered me a black-hole.

I wrote a Niall Horan (my one, true love since the wee age of 12) fanfiction about him meeting Demi Lovato's sister, Jasmine, through her running Demi's twitter account because Demi wants a break from everything, social media included. Demi's boss is like "demi u better fukin tweet tweet or im gonna dropkick u into saturn" and Demi's like "boss pls" (because tweeting is just so draining) and she so she's like "jasmine pls run my acc" and then Jasmine's like "k" and then Niall's like "i m in luv with demi & i conveniently just worked up the courage to DM her" and so he dms her but it's Jasmine so Jasmine's like "holy BILL NYE THE SCIENCE GUY it's neil horn" and so they dm each other and just hit it off and so she conveniently bumps into Niall while on a "date" with this guy she hates and bumps into 1D (because obviously she and Niall are binded by fate) and so long story short the story was BAD.

I also had another story called "Let's Try It" which I just found when in a really old book of 1D recommendations and oh my God............even the summary is bad. Basically, it's a reality TV show called "Let's Try It" where 5 celebrities (the 1D manguys) pick 5 girls off the street (wtf) and are like "hey u !!! female !! come 2 house and try 2 luv me as i try 2 luv u" and so the main character Dakota is like "..........................uh" and it was so bad and it had every horrible 1D fetus fanfic cliche, like..............Louis was upset because he couldn't have a safe of carrot and was extremely sassy, there was the set of mean girls that everyone was supposed to hate, and just............................it was a dark time.

My writing was short, it had no detail, the pacing was sucky, my grammar was not the best, it was mainly dialogue, the characters had no development nor were they unique as people, and I was just bad. 

But I kept writing — and now I'm somewhat alright.

AND YOU CAN BE TOO! JUST KEEP WRITING! ABOUT ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING! WRITE TILL YOUR FINGERS HAVE TO EVOLVE SO THAT THEY CAN LEAVE YOUR HANDS JUST SO THEY COULD GET A BREAK (...ACTUALLY, DON'T DO THAT). JUST WRITE AND READ, TOO. YOU CANNOT IMPROVE IN JUST FIVE SECONDS.

 NOW, A POINT ON CRITICISM:

Make sure it is C O N S T R U C T I V E.

If you tell someone their story is bad, tell them why. It is frustrating and pointless to tell something "ur story sux" without any explanation because what are they supposed to improve then? If they don't know what they are doing wrong, then all you've done is make them feel bad about themselves (and also make them think that everything they'd done is wrong), which means YOU'RE A CARTON OF SPOILED MILK.

Be polite and respectful. This person has worked on this story all on their own and just because their writing isn't as good as yours doesn't mean they deserve your crass.

ok good day 2 u all

p.s. I've had this chapter in my drafts since the cold war and I haven't really been active so I apologize for that. As always, if you have any questions, ask away.