~Chapter Thirty Six~

Start from the beginning

My head turned around at the sound of a car. It was speeding over the hill showing no signs of stopping. The headlights barreling towards me as they slammed on their brakes. The car pushing me forward, my body rolling a few times. Two guys got out, there faces were darkened as my eyes were blinded by the headlights.

"Shit" one of the guys yelled.

"Dude I think I killed her" the other said in a country accent.

"Come on". The two ran back to their car leaving me helpless on the side of the road.

"Hey you okay? I didn't mean to spill beer on you" The guy asked I recalled his name to be Ethan.

I shot up and slapped him in the face.

"What the hell was that for?" He yelled while holding his stinging cheek.

"You motherfucker. You left me on the side of the road. You and Tucker" I yelled a crowd began to form around us.

"I have no idea what you're talking about... are you forgetting you have no memories" Ethan spat back.

"You and Tucker were driving the pick up on Pond Ave. You guys didn't see me and when you hit me you thought you guys killed me. You fled the scene" I yelled. Ethan took a gulp before acting like he had no clue.

Tucker came pushing through the crowd.

"What's the problem?" He said in his charming country accent.

"The problem is that you and Ethan are a bunch of bastards"

"You better watch your mouth you little bitch" Ethan hissed grabbing my wrist.

"Hey leave her alone" Tommy said coming up to the group.

"Tommy you stay out of this" Ethan said pushing him back.

"This girl has fucked me and Tucker over numerous times. Maybe she deserved to die on the side of that road. I wish whoever had hit you, hit you harder" Ethan spat.

The words hit triggering another memory. My brain began to ache and my body felt weak.

"Did he hit you again?" I asked. I was seated in a car, Billy next to me. My hand reached for his bruised neck but he stopped me.

I was drawn back from the memories to reality.

"She's escaped death twice now, let's see if she can a third time" Ethan yelled he gripped my neck and plunged my head underwater. I began to choke...

Billy's hand was around my neck. My feet were kicking wildly while my hands tried prying his fingers lose.

His grip loosened and I fell to the floor. His eyes met mine and he softly said "Phoebe".

My head came up out of the water and I began to take short puffs of breaths, my lungs working twice as hard to provide my body with air.

"Get the fuck out" Steve yelled as his hands picked my body up. Ethan just snickered as he walked out and Tucker followed him. The people that had gathered looked speechless, but a second later went back to partying.

Steve brought me upstairs to his room with Nancy and Jonathan behind him. He sat me on his bed and gave me a towel.

"He choked me" I said softly.

"Yeah that Ethan's gonna pay for that" Steve said as he handed me a dry shirt.

"No Billy" I said. Nancy looked up with concern in her eyes.

"When?" She asked frustration began to flow through her.

"I had a memory. He was choking me and then he just let me go" I said. They all looked at each other.

"Who use to hit Billy?" I asked.

"His dad" Steve said. Nancy hit him on his chest. "What I'm not gonna lie to her"

I looked around the room. "I've been here before" I said.

"In my room? I would have remembered-" Steve began.

"No, I think someone else brought me up here" I said. My head was once again pounding.

"Here Phoebe" Ethan said. He laid me on the bed and began to kiss my neck. His hands pinning my wrists to the bed.

Ethan and someone else were talking. "I'm in here with Billy's girl"

He began to trail his hands back up to my wrists. Kissing my face and lips. I squirmed trying to avoid his lips.

Another knock came from the door. Billy comes barging in, knocking Ethan square in the jaw. I jump from the bed and stand in the corner. Billy gives me my shirt and I slip it back on. He then proceeds to take my hand and walk me out of the party.

"It was Ethan. He tried to have sex with me. I must have been drunk. Billy came and smashed the door down" I said.

"That's what happened to my bedroom door" Steve exclaimed.

"Steve, that's what your worried about. Your broken door from what a year ago" Nancy sassed.

"Is that why he's mad at me? Gunning for my life?" I asked they all shrugged their shoulders.

"The only person who knows what happened that night other than you, is Billy" Jonathan said.

"I just want to go home"