Chapter 24

Zayn(POV)

I was still shocked by what the lawyers around the room were saying about me, some of them actually taking my side and trying to bail me out without any court problems. The other half that weren't even involved were pretty pissed off because they wanted me to stay in here for what i had done, i know what i did was wrong and all but i'm a poor lad who needed food and money to survive. The only thing i could think about was scaring the family so i can get all the things i needed, well wanted that is. Looking down at the table, one thing had came to mind....Harry........I can't leave without him going with me, he can't be here alone and all fucked up like he is now. I'm supposed to help him and tell him that everything was going to be okay. 

''So as far as we know, Malik you will be released soon this week. You have court along with speaking to another lawyer that know's what you have done was wrong. One of our lawyers that know you won't just pass by money or what. We know your homeless along with not having anyone to live with, but your lucky that someone here has faith in you to not cause trouble like this again. Seeing that this was just a living condition and your first time getting in any trouble like this before.......We'll talk to the judge and schedule a date and time.'' I was gaping the whole time they were speaking to me, i can't believe their actually going to give me a second chance. For what i had done which was so wrong, i'm sure if i was a police officer or judge, than i wouldn't let someone like me out of this damn prison. ''Anything you want to say? Before we send you off back to your cell?'' I shook my head trying to piece everything that just happened. 

''Um....thank you for all this. I just thought that maybe i would be stuck in this place for the rest of my life.'' Wiping away the few tears that were falling, i looked up and started biting down at my lower lip just to hold back the small sobs that wanted to escape. ''Thank you for giving me another chance, i know that this was a lesson to learn and i will never do something so selfish and stupid again. I'm just trying to go on with life without having to deal with sickness or dying alone without money or any food in my stomach.'' Putting my head down, i couldn't stop talking....It's like after hearing about this, i'm like non shut up mode or something like that. 

''It's fine Malik, everyone that has never done anything like this before deserves a break. Especially someone who hasn't committed a crime in his life, unlike some of the prisoners in here.......Styles would be one of the worse.'' They started discussing about him, but something inside of me clicked........HARRY oh my god my baby boy is going to be here alone. ''You may leave us now Zayn, we'll make sure to call you back when we have more things to discuss. But don't get to excited about this, we still haven't talked about your freedom young man.'' Without another word, i was being pulled and pushed out of the room full of boring looking people and back outside were everyone else was talking and throwing shit at each other. I slowly walked back to my cell just to be stopped by the same guy that has been trying to talk to Harry and me for the past week or so. 

''So how was it? You leaving or are you going to stick around a little longer?'' He looked down at me like he was planning on doing something stupid, i don't know if i want to tell him what's going on or not. But wait....How the fuck did he know? Knitting my brows together, i looked the man in his fading eyes while glaring at him. ''What?'' Licking over my lips and staring at him at the same time must have looked wrong but there was something about him that didn't seem right.....I know it's always been that way with this man but right now.......It just doesn't seem right. 

''How the hell did you know that i was leaving? How did you even know that i was talking to my lawyers or even talking about getting out of here? Is there something i should know about?'' Crossing my arms over my chest while steadying my breathing, i couldn't let him or anyone else hurt harry while i got released. I'm not that selfish to even think about being free without the man that is trying his hardest to be good. I waited a few more minutes but when he didn't reply, i took the chance to keep talking. ''Are you planning on doing something with Harry? Are you trying to hurt him or even get someone to do something worse?'' 

''What! God no Zayn, i would never do anything to hurt him. Even though his dad is now my enemy, i could never find it in my heart to lay a finger on harry. My son was in love with him and it would destroy his world knowing that something terrible has happened to the boy he once loved. I just wanted to know what was going on, i thought we could maybe be mates and you could come to me when your stressing over something that you can't tell harry.'' He kind of had a good point, but another thing that really made me angry was the fact that his son still had something that belonged to me now. 

''You do know that harry is mine right? And even if your son would have wanted anything to do with him, he wouldn't cause he know's that i love him more than i could ever love someone. He even loves me and he's said it himself. So just tell your kid to back off of my baby and find his own. I don't want any problems but when someone i love is about to get taken away from me from some.....some guy that i don't even know of, than that really just tips me off.'' Glaring at the man who was now looking away. ''I'm not being rude or anything but damn......I love harry so fucking much man, and if i have to fight for him than so be it. If i have to stay in this hell hole just to hold him and tell him everything is going to be alright than i guess that's what i'll have to do.'' 

''He doesn't know that your being released?'' Was the only thing he could say, i shook my head while kicking at the wall just to be doing something other than standing here thinking about the sad look that my baby would have on his face. 

''I'm going to tell him soon, just not right away since i want to spend as much time as i can with him before anything happens. I love him and i'll do absolutely anything for that boy. He's now my new world, my first love, my only love actually. He's got the key to my heart which he holds in his hand, he just doesn't know it yet since he's a little to stubborn to see anything really.'' Chuckling, i looked back across the halls while seeing a few men dancing or maybe just rapping. ''I think i just want to tell him how i feel from the bottom of my heart, i'm not one of those guys that just wants him for his body nor his looks.....But he's also a human being that needs to know what love is.'' 

''Your a good lad, maybe just let things settle before telling him. Seen him crying earlier but i didn't both asking him further questions about why he was. He's a good kid, he just grew up without a normal life.'' what the fuck does he mean about that? Cocking my head to the side, he started laughing while slapping his hand down on my shoulder. ''I meant, he's grew up without a mum to tell him to do his homework or to do some chores around the house. His father was always the type to make him hold a gun when going out or even start fights with anyone who bothered to look at him funny. Harry has been this young child who didn't know what playing tag was or even hide and seek. He's been through a lot and even though he may not show it......he's just being hard headed. He's always been the type to act tough and always telling those who are frightened of him to back off. Just make sure you know what your getting yourself into, even if you both get bailed out....What do you think will happen once your free? Do you honestly think harry will stay with you?'' Thinking about it, i have had thought about that before but i haven't really paid much attention to them. ''Just don't get yourself caught up in all that bullshit, i must go now.'' He gave me one last pat on the back, than walked off in the opposite direction. Shrugging off every word he said, i made my way to my shared cell. 

''Harry, baby you awake? I think we need to talk about some things between us.'' I mumbled, still standing outside the cell and looking down at the bed were harry was laying. He shot up from were he was laying and ran into my chest while crying. 

''Z-za-zayn pl-please do-don't go.'' He choked out, running my fingers through his soft curls and kissing the top of his head. 

''Let's sit down yeah? Need to talk baby.'' I grabbed at his wrist while dragging him back inside the cell and sitting him down on my lap. ''Look harry, i have talked to my lawyers and they wanted to give me a second chance about this whole hostage thing. But i wanted to talk to you about it as well......I don't know how to say this though.....but you know i love you right?'' He sniffed a few times before wiping his eyes from the tears, nodding his head. ''I love you Harry, but i had talked to my lawyers and they wanted to release me.''