12

Jade's POV

Thursday morning rolled around and I couldn't wait to see Ms. Edwards. She gives me motivation everyday so far.

"Bye mom. I'm leaving." I yell but my mom called me back.

"I want to meet Patrick, tomorrow." She says with a glare. I guess old mom is back.

"Uh I don't like him anymore. But I found someone else." I said.

"What happened to Patrick?" She glares at me.

"No time to talk gotta go!" I yell and run out door.

I pull into a parking spot and get out of my car. I see Jack walking up to me and smile. He smiles back but soon enough I hear music start to play, my favorite song.

Someone gives a poster and he holds it up to me. It's says "I know we just met but would you be kind enough to go to homecoming with me."

I feel kind of sad inside cause I just want to be friends with him but excited that I will be going to homecoming with somebody. And my mom will meet him too.

I run into his arms for a hug and he hugs back.

"Just as friends though. I'll tell you everything later tonight at the park?" He says.

"Of course." I say and hug once him more.

We both walk in top class with a smile on our faces. I quickly plant a kiss on his cheek and head towards Leigh.

"Why are you so happy?" She asks.

"Cause Jack just asked me to prom. Just as friends though." I say giving her a look.

"Lucky. I don't have one and since it's tomorrow I definitely won't get a date." Leigh pouts. I pat her back and try to cheer her up.

I look at Ms. Edwards and see her staring straight at me. No emotion though and it's honestly scaring me.

She shakes out of it and begins class. I bite my lip and watch her teach class. She's just too sexy. Everything about her makes me feel so alive.

Ms. Edwards looks at me several times but I don't know what to feel about it. Just because I'm closer to her than any other students doesn't mean she likes me like I do.

Suddenly the bell rung. Already? Was I really thinking about her the whole time?

"Jade could you stay back a moment please?" Ms. Edwards says.

I gulp and stay seated in my desk. There are so many things she could say to me right now. I'm so nervous. Get a grip Thirlwall.

Ms. Edwards walks up to me and squats down so we're eye level. Her gaze is too damn strong. How does she do that?

"Jade are you okay? You seemed unfocused today, and as your teacher I just wanted to know what is bothering you." She says. As your teacher she says.

"Oh uh sorry. I guess I was just a bit distracted cause I got asked to homecoming this morning." I say with a small smile.

Something in her eyes changed for a second but then went back to being a normal teacher again.

"Oh really? Who is it?" She asks. I notice her white knuckles gripping the desk.

"Jack. But before you say anything I'd just like you to know we're just friends and we're only going as friends." I say with a giggle.