4

As soon as I get home I try to find my mom. Which is new because to be honest I never wanted to talk to her.

"Mom!" I yell. "In the kitchen!" I hear her yell back. I walk in the kitchen and she looks at me, waiting for me to talk.

"Is it about Patrick?" She asks. I nod my head and sit on the stool.

"He asked me if I could join him on creating the schools posters. It's after school from four to five thirty every Monday's and Wednesday's and sometimes Friday's. Is it okay if I can?" I ask with pleading eyes.

"Yes that's fine. If he asks you to go anywhere else with him, ask me okay?" She says with stern eyes. I nod my head vigorously and say thank you before walking upstairs.

I flop on my head and scream into the pillow with excitement. I turn over and smile up at the ceiling before rushing over to the closet and try to pick something out to impress her. I tried to find something but I wasn't really good at fashion.

I walk downstairs to see my mom watching the news. It had the pride parade on it. I feel somewhat scared to see her watching it. "Weirdos." I hear her mumble. I feel my heart drop. Of course she doesn't accept it. I'm so screwed.

"Uh mom. Can you help me pick out an outfit for tomorrow?" I ask hesitantly. She already knows why though.

She gets up and walks up the stairs with me. When we walk into my closet she looks around. Little does she know I want to walk out of the closet. I giggle to myself.

My mom looks at me with an eyebrow cocked. I clear my throat.

"What about this? I really like this top." I say trying to get her mind off my weirdness.

"Sure and it can go with...these pants and...hm how about these shoes." She says picking out my outfit.

We lay my outfit out and both agree that it's good. She ushers me to go try it on. When I come out she...smiles!? What the hell? I don't think I've ever seen her smile at me before.

"Is...it okay?" I ask off guard. She nods.

"Yes you look really good in it. I'm sure you'll get more stares than just him honey." She says, smiles, and walks out. I stand here stunned.

First she compliments me, calls me honey, and smiles. What the fuck! I'm loving this!

I look in the mirror and smile. Maybe my life is turning around. But then I think about Ms. Edwards and how she is a girl and how my mom will never accept it. And my mood is bad again. I sigh and walk into the bathroom to take a shower.

~~~

I open the door to the classroom shyly, not knowing what will happen when I am visible to people. Currently I'm wearing, a white v-shape tank top with jean shorts. It may not sound thrilling but if you saw me in it then you would understand. I'm not being cocky but I know I don't look terrible in it.

When I look up, I see Leigh smirking, people staring with their mouths somewhat open, and of course Ms. Edwards biting her lip while scanning me up and down. Wait, what! Did she actually just check me out?!

I feel my face turn into a shade of red as I walk towards Leigh nervously.

"Daaamn Thirlwall! Who are you trying to impress?!" Leigh practically screams.

"Leigh!" I say with a giggle.

"Language Ms. Pinnock. Jade you look lovely." Ms. Edwards says sweetly. I feel my heart beating fast at her compliment.

"T-thank you." I say quietly to Ms. Edwards.

"Damn even Ms. Gorgeous complimented you. You must be feeling high on love right now Jadey. You got the whole freaking class staring at you." Leigh whispers.