12: Her Next Adventure

Start from the beginning

I stared at the unconscious body in wonder. After carrying her to the compound bedroom Adelina directed me to, I somehow managed to convince the heretic to retrieve a drink for when our new guest awoke; the two of us left alone.

The hatred burning behind her eyes certainly intrigued me, the randomness behind the girls' appearance a shock all in itself that had me drawn to the mystery of her, but now knowing she wished for my death... I was fascinated. The beauty of her certainly not holding as a deterrent--

"Kol?" I stood with Adelina's appearance, the cushion of the loveseat reforming with her questioning glance between this 'Madison' and myself. "I didn't think you'd still be in here."

"I couldn't allow our guest to wake up alone and confused," I reasoned with a careless shrug.

"I doubt she'd feel much better waking up to you..." Her mutter reminded me of the blonde's attempted attack that took place not thirty minutes prior. "But thanks for staying with her." My position was bypassed, a glass of water rested on the dresser as the edge of the bed became the brunette's seat, her hand encasing her friends and offering a nervous yet promising squeeze. My eyes focusing on the blonde's fingers just barely reacting, a warning that she would soon be awake, my cue to exit presented.

I didn't really know what to say, opening and closing my jaw like a clueless guppy before deciding on a swift-- "Goodbye," Adelina merely nodded in response, her gaze strictly focused on her friend while I slipped through the door's gap. I pulled the wooden door closed with a click before whooshing to the neighboring bedroom and creeping into the adjoining bathroom, a slither allowing me audible and visual access to the room just in time for groggy groans to fall from plump lips.

"Wh--what's happening?--Where am I?"

"New Orleans, a spare bedroom in the compound, the world of The Vampire Diaries and The Originals--are any of these answers good enough?" I could detect a type of fear in Adelina's tone.

"Adie?" The crack in the door offered Adelina's back, a pale hand reaching from the blocked female to-- I assume-- cup Adie's cheek. "You're actually here--I'm actually here? This is really real?" The strangers' voice cracked, my own brow crumpling in reaction to her being upset.

"This is really real..." The two embraced in yet another hug with the brunettes whisper, the blonde's eyes sealed as fresh tear tracks stained her cheeks. Her illuminating smile placed a hazy trance on my mind.

"Now, not that I'm not beyond psyched to see you," You could tell each girl was reluctant to pull back, almost as though both believed the other to disappear if they let go, "But what just happened?"

"What do you mean?"

"I just passed out randomly...how?"

"That may have been me..."

"Wha--?...You're a witch..."

"Close..." That same fear entered Adie's tone, "I'm a Heretic--"

"A Heretic?! Like one of those freaky Hybrids that Valerie was?!"

"Yeah--Wait, how do you know about Valerie? The only season you could stomach watching was season 2."

"Until you died...I watched the whole stupid show, season after season on repeat-- I even gave their stupid spin-off a shot."