Locked Out

"Oh, come on! I know I brought them," Marinette grumbled as she dug through her purse.

After ten minutes of looking, the girl gave up. She sat down on the front steps with her head in her hands.

I could climb up!  Mari thought. No, no. That wouldn't work.

Marinette whipped out her phone and texted Alya.

Marinette:
Hey could I come over? I got locked out and my parents are out of town ://

Alya <3:
Sorry, girl, wish you could but I'm out with Nino. Love you though <3

Marinette:
Oh, no worries, ly2

Marinette sighed and scrolled through her contacts.
Kagami.
Adrien.
Chloe.
Luka.

Luka was a nice guy and a good friend of Marinettes, he'd for sure help her out.

Marinette
Hey Luka, I'm locked out of my house and my parents are away. Any chance I can crash at yours?

Three little dots popped up at the bottom before she received a reply a few seconds later.

Luka🎸:
Of course Mari :) I'll come get you.

Marinette:
Oh no! that's ok! i can walk :)

Luka🎸:
It's dangerous at night. Don't be silly. I'll come get you.

Marinette:
..Ok
Marinette sat down on the concrete sidewalk outside her house, gripping her bag against her chest as protection against the cold night winds. After ten minutes of waiting, Marinette heard footsteps approaching.

"Sorry I made you wait so long," Luka said, brushing his hand through his hair as he made his way up to Marinette.

The girl shook her head, "Oh no, it's fine." She quickly stood up, brushing her pants off as she did. "It wasn't very long of a wait. I'm just thankful that you're letting me stay."

"Anytime," Luka reached his hand out. Marinette blushed and stared at the open hand. "Let me carry your bag."

Marinette slowly handed it to him. When Luka got hold of it, he threw it over his shoulder and lead Marinette to his house.

oOoOo

"Are you hungry? Thirsty?" Luka asked as the entered his house.

Marinette shook her head, "I'm fine."

Luka nodded and lead Marinette to his room.

"I'll get you something more comfortable to change into," The blue haired boy said, setting Marinettes backpack on his desk. "I would grab something from Juleka but she keeps her room locked and sleeps like a bear."

"It's okay," Marinette whispered, her cheeks slightly pink at the though of wearing the boys clothes.

Rifling through his closet, Luka pulled out a black hoodie and a pair of sweatpants. "These are the smallest I have, but they still might be a little big. There should be a spare toothbrush in the cabinet above the sink."

Taking the clothes from Luka, Marinette said a quiet thanks before heading to the bathroom. She'd been in there a million times when she came over to see Luka but she'd never spent the night. The small girl pulled off her clothes, leaving her undergarments on, and put on the sweater and pants Luka lended her. The hoodie fit fine, a little big but it was comfortable. The sweatpants were long and had to be rolled up, they just barely managed to stay up after Marinette tied the strings as tight as she could.

After brushing her teeth, Marinette reentered Lukas bedroom and found him on his bed, strumming his guitar. He looked up when she came in and smiled.
"They fit," He commented.

Marinette sat down next to him, leaning her head in his shoulder, she closed her eyes and let the music take her.

Luka played until the girl was fast asleep. He straightened her so that she was laying comfortably on the pillows, and carefully laid a blanket over her. Luka leaned down, smiling at the sleeping Marinette, he brushed her bangs out of her face and kissed her forehead.

"Goodnight."