Suspicious Minds

*Amira's POV*

I was laying down on my couch casually watching the telly, until Jahmaine came out of nowhere and stood right in front of me looking so angry.

"There's something I gotta tell you" he began "I feel like our relationship isn't working. You used to be so attractive, but now your just fat!" He said.

"now your just fat" he said again, I heard his voice echo through my head until I woke up sweating.

It was just a dream. A weird stupid dream. I checked the time on my phone and it was 3:05AM. I slowly got up and threw on my white robe.

I looked down at my tummy and sighed. I wanted to talk to Jahmaine but after what Maryam told me last week, I felt like I couldn't. But I knew I had to. Today.

I went downstairs into the kitchen and got a glass of water.  I slowly drank it and then went back upstairs to try and sleep.

I was awake for another 2 hours; I did not have one bit of sleep in me until Jahmaine suddenly woke up and turned my way.

"Have you been awake all night?" he asked

"Yes" I replied playing with my hair

"Amira, you need to sleep it's unhealthy" he said stretching in the bed.

"I'm not tired" I said. He then got out the bed and put on my white robe which was way too small for him

"How do I look?" he asked.

"Beautiful" I said getting out the bed. I then walked over to him and hugged him. Not that my tummy was in the way or anything.

"What was that for?" he asked

"I just miss your hugs" I said

"Aww, If only I could hug myself" He then said. I then slightly frowned and looked up at him.

"Jahmaine, we need to talk" I said

"About what? This sounds serious" he asked

"Maryam" I said after

He then paused for a bit.

"What about her?" he said sitting back down on the bed.

"Well, she's been telling me things, and I feel like If I don't talk to you about them our relationship will fail" I said. He then started to look worried.

"Listen...whatever she's told you, It's not like that" he said. I then gave him a puzzled look.

"What?, just listen" I began "Obviously I'm pregnant, and when I give birth I may still have that baby weight, but why does that bother you?"

He then frowned.

"That doesn't bother me at all, Amira what are you talking about?" I then became really confused.

"Jahmaine?...Maryam told me how your worried about me when i give birth and how I'll only care about the baby and become boring and fat" I blurted out.

He then stood up in shock and put his hands over his face.

"I've never said that" He said

"But why wouldn't you say that?"

He then came closer and squated down and slowly put his hands on my knees.

"Maryams evil, Amira I swear on our baby's life", I then looked at him with less doubt and put my hands on his head. Jahmaine's my husband, I've known for quite some time now and he's never ever been worried about my looks. I find it weird that as soon as Maryam came into our lives our relationship has been having slight problems.