Chapter 14 | I Can Dream

The team of three were discussing the area of ground each would cover. Their earpieces were in place and each was ready to go.

      "Cat Noir, you take the west end, Viperion you got the north and I got the south. After each of us is done we come back here to meet so we can all tackle the east. Got it?" Ladybug asked.

      "Got it." Both of the boys responded.

And with that, the team members made their way to their destinations. Ladybug lept from the Eiffel Tower to the nearest building heading towards the south, but she stopped when she noticed that Viperion stayed behind. Instead of going to the north end like she asked he ended up going east. Ladybug sighed with a smile on her face. She knew exactly where Viperion was going.

Her house.

Ladybug started to follow Viperion, keeping her distance. Eventually, Viperion stopped on the building across from the bakery. He was staring at the roof that was above Marinette's room.

      "I thought I wold you to go north you slippery snake." Ladybug said while slapping Viperion on the back.

The action startled the snake. So much so that he almost jumped out of his costume.

Ladybug giggled at the boy's actions. Viperion caught his breath with a deep inhale.

      "Don't do that!" He said while laughing along with Ladybug.

      "Sorry. It's just, I told you to go north. Why'd you come here?" She asked. 

She already knew the reason, but she still needed to pretend that she and Marinette were two different people.

      Viperion didn't answer her question though. Instead, he just looked towards Marinette's room again with a blank face.

He then took a deep breath.

      "I know you said it's a rookie move to tell someone your secret identity. But it's so hard to not think about it." He explained.

      "But, then again, I don't think I could tell her who I was even if I wanted to. I mean, I can't even tell her how I feel." He sighed. 

Ladybug looked at him with a confused face. Her as Marinette didn't even know how Viperion, as Luka, felt about her. So this sudden change in the conversation interested her.

      "Why haven't you told her how you feel?" She asked. This time with real curiosity.

Viperion inhaled deeply.

      "Do you know Adrien Agreste?" He asked.

Ladybug nodded.

      "She had a crush on him for two years straight. I accepted it and I let her go... no matter how much it hurt to do that. But then the day she decided to confess to him she saw him getting Andre's Sweetheart Icecream with a different girl. After that, she wasn't the same..." He dragged.

      "Over the summer she would barely go outside, she stopped answering calls or text, she would barely smile, and when she heard his name she would get sick and go home. She's better now, but I can tell that she's still healing. I don't want to tell her how I feel until I know that she's over him. I don't want her to feel like I'm taking advantage of her or that I'm rushing her to say "yes." I want just want to ask her out because-"

Viperion then stopped himself.

      "I want to ask her out because I like her a lot..."

Ladybug was trying her hardest to keep herself from blushing. She felt so bad for the boy who was underneath the mask. He has been repressing his feeling all because he was waiting for a sign that the girl he liked was ready for him to make a move. 

Her, as Marinette, was silently torturing him and she didn't even know it. 

      "That's why he played such a sad song when I was with him..."

Ladybug then felt guilt rush to her heart. She, as Marinette, was hurting Luka. That wasn't fair to him.

      "I'm sure if you tell her that she'd understand." Ladybug said, trying to pick the conversation back up.

      "I mean, maybe. But then there's the whole superhero thing too." Viperion sighed.

      "I already told you this earlier. That she's been worrying about me because I'm not around like I used to be. I'm afraid that I'm starting to hurt her unintentionally when I'm busy protecting her and all of Paris looking like this." He stated as he gestured towards himself.

      "And again, I'm starting to think that telling her who I am underneath the mask could solve everything, but it's not safe. I can dream though." 

Viperion then placed his face in his hands and sighed. Ladybug could feel his pain. She also wanted to tell Luka that it was Marinette under the mask. She thought it would be fine because he was also a superhero. But then she remembered that it was still risky. She wouldn't do it with Cat Noir and she won't do it with Luka. No matter how much it killed her. 

She could also dream.

      Suddenly both Ladybug and Viperion got a beep in their earpiece from Cat Noir.

      "Hey, I got a car chase on Main. Cops are trailing in behind but there's a lot of people on site." Cat Noir explained. 

Ladybug and Viperion look at each other and nodded their heads. Ladybug went ahead to the site of the car chase while Viperion stayed behind to look at Marinette's house one last time.

      "Goodnight Mari..." He said softly. 

He then lept off the building he was on to follow Ladybug to assist Cat Noir. He could already tell that it was going to be a long night for him.

Total words used: 933

Woah! The shortest amount of words in one chapter so far! But don't worry, the chapter following will be much longer. Hopefully, you all are enjoying the story so far. I've enjoyed writing it so far (even though it's ruined my sleep schedule :p). Heck, the reason I stopped writing fanfics was that I didn't have the same joy in it as I did before. I guess it was one of those situations where it's either you own the hobby or the hobby owns you. With my books before it honestly felt like the hobby owned me because I was writing to make other people happy when I wasn't proud of the work. Now that I see that, I'm going to make a promise to myself that I will only write about things if it makes me happy instead of like a burden. I promise to myself that if I'm doing it just for the sake of making other people smile instead of making them smile along with me then what's the point? And let me tell you this, the next few chapters are making me smile a lot (even though some of them aren't so happy...).

Anyways, stay electric and connected 

-Pocky <3