Chapter 22

"Jack, didn't you say that your plane was supposed to land today? We have been at the airport all morning!" Jack's mom yelled over the phone.

"Well... You see... My friends had got into an accident and we are going to stay for the funeral..." Jack stepped outside to talk to his mom.

"Who? Caid? Emma? Zach Blue!?!" She chocked on her words, thinking of that beautiful family getting into a car accident and no making it back home.

"No, mom... It was Zach Herron and Andrea Hester..." He held back his tears.

"Oh my, who are they?" She asked.

"Well, you see... I'll tell you when I get home Friday. I want to spend the last three days here with Andrea's family." He assured her.

"Alright, but you needed to tell me last night." She complained.

"I couldn't, I'm sorry. I will see you Friday.." He ended the call with a goodbye.

He walked back into the room and sat beside Jordan who was still asleep.

"Still nothing?" He asked Corbyn who was in the chair beside Zach. He shook his head. "Well, me and Emma can go get the food if you guys want." Jack said, not really wanting to leave Zach incase he was to wake up.

"Okay, we will call if anything happens." Daniel reassured Jack with a smile. Jack trusted Daniel and Corbyn, only because they were the only two awake.

"Oh, wait! I want to do something before we leave!" Jack said, taking Zach Blue into his arms. He walked over to Jordan slowly. Jack knew that Zach Blue loved to grab hair, especially Jordan's head full of black curls. He lowered Zach Blue down, only for him to grab and pull on Jordan's hair. Jordan jumped up so fast to only realize it was Jack and Zach Blue.

"I-" He got cut off by everyone shushing him.

He sat back down and covered his hair with a blanket. "I will spit in you shoes while you are gone!" Jordan threatened.

"Try to and see who will wake up with baby vomit in their hair the next morning." Jack laughed, walking out of the room.

"He got you there." Emma patted his head and followed Jack out.

"Do you think anything will happen to Zach while we are gone?" Jack asked, feeling terrified of what may happen.

"No, Doctor Alex said that he should be out for anoth two to four days. You are leaving Friday, right?" She asked.

"Yeah, if he was to wake up when I'm gone, please call me or Jordan. I would say call Mate, but he doesn't answer his phone since he is at work most of the time, I'll contact him if so." Jack explained as they got into the car.

Jack drove them to Burger King and order what everyone had texted in the groupchat they had. As they were putting all the food into the car, Emma got a call.

"Will you be fine finishing the load?" She asked as he put the first of many bags into the car. He nodded, letting her know that he would be perfectly fine. She walked over to the door, answering the phone.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Get Jack here, right now. Zach is..."

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

"JACK!" She was running back to the car as he was getting the last few bags into the car.

"What?" He asked, crawling into the back to try to make more room.

"IT'S ZACH!" She was freaking out.

Jack didn't even think twice.

He jumped out of the car, running down the streets on the sidewalks. He didn't even want to stop for a breather. He could here Emma yelling. The rain started to pour over Jack at a high speed, taking some air. He slipped at the turn, but got back up and continued to run.

Jack was determined to get back to the hospital, knowing that around this time, the traffic was going to be a bitch to drive in. He stopped at the corner of the hospital to try to catch some breath, and he continued to run to the door. He got in, running to the desk, informing them that he was on the list to be in Zach's room.

Once he reached to room, Zach was blinking slowly, but unresponsive to what everyone was saying. He looked like he couldn't even believe that people were in his room. He looked like he couldn't even tell who the people even were. Then, he locked eyes with Jack.

"Z-Zach.." He cried.