Chapter 1

Something jumped from tree to tree. A certain raven haired male noticed and looked around. He knew someone was watching them. Even amidst the busy streets and through the crowd he could feel the stare of someone intensely watching them.

Was the person after the hooded girl beside him? Had this person noticed her secret? The bright apple red hair, hidden beneath her hood? He tapped the young lady on the shoulder and ushered her to move into a less crowded area.

He pushed past the towns people, staying close to her and keeping a hand on her arm. Making sure not to lose her, he gripped her arm tighter and pulled her with him. Soon they were out of the busy town square and sitting in a less crowded park-like area. It was only the two of them, he thought.

Suddenly, he heard something struggling in a bush near them. The girl next to him must have noticed too, as she stood up and pointed at the bush.

"Obi, I think there's something in there." she whispered, her bright green eyes tinted with curiosity but slight fear.

"I know, miss." Obi replied, "Its been following us for a while now."

The rustling seemed to get louder and more aggressive. Slowly, Obi went towards it, making sure to not let the person know he was there. He went around the bush and reached towards the slightly visible person sitting inside. With on swift move, he lifted the hooded person out of the bush.

"Care to explain why you're following us?" he asked.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about..." said a nervous feminine voice, "I a-always sit in bushes like this.

Suddenly something moved in the person's hood. Obi was about to pull her hood down but she quickly jumped out of his grasp. Something jumped out of her hood and landed in her arms.

"Chiko! Now is not the time!" she yelled at a small black cat.

"What is that?" the other hooded girl asked.

"U-umm, nothing!" replied the girl pushing the cat back into her hood.

"It's a cat, Miss." said Obi.

"Well umm, anyway, I umm, have to go!" she said as she ran back into the town square.

"H-hey!" shouted Obi, picking up something the girl seemed to have dropped.

"Well, she seemed nice." commented the girl with a close-eyed smile.

"Heh. And careless." said Obi, "She dropped her bracelet."

He showed her a bracelet with small shell-like beads.

"Wow! It's beautiful!" she exclaimed.

"So are you Shirayuki!" said an elderly woman from behind them.

"Kino!" squealed Shirayuki, pulling down her hood, to reveal her apple red hair.

"Your hair is still as bright and red as ever!" Kino said.

"Why thank you, Kino!" replied Shirayuki.

"Would you like to come have some tea at my new house?" asked Kino.

"Of course I would but..." she looked towards Obi.

"You go ahead, Miss. We have time to spare and I might as well wait for the girl from before to come looking for her bracelet so that I can return it. Maybe even ask her why she was following us earlier." replied Obi.

"Ok! See you later then!" said Shirayuki.

Kino and Shirayuki walk away but Obi quickly speaks again, "Miss, you might want to put your hood on. Don't want to attract any unwanted attention."

"Oh, right!" said Shirayuki, pulling up her hood again.

Then the two left Obi and he looked around to find something useful to do.