"Ah, OK. See you in a little over an hour?"

"See you there, my dear." A new form of endearment. He was in a great place. He was definitely falling for her.

Immediately after his shift, he rode like mad to his apartment. He wanted to get there before Kate so he could grab a shower, jump into clean clothes and do a quick clean up of his apartment.

Unfortunately, as he pulled his bike into his building, Kate is sitting on the stairs inside, waiting for him.

"Hello, handsome. Bearer of good news. How was work today?" She wrapped her arms around him and planted a big kiss on him.

After the kiss broke up, "Um, work was good. Eh, do you want to come up?" There goes his plan for a shower and clean of his apartment.

This elegant woman seemed so out of place in this building. But when he cracked open the door, she seemed far more out of place. Her grace and beauty seemed like it should be in a much fancier place, not a place that a minimum wage earner can afford, without a roommate.

"This is my first time in this apartment. This place is great. It is so cozy and comfortable. I wish I had come in before. I like it here Ian."

Ian was not sure that she was being totally honest. His place was not bad, but not cozy and desirable. Ian thought about going for his shower, but she was bouncing around the living room.

She flopped down on the couch, adopting a semi-reclined posture, exposing her midriff under her t-shirt.

"Can I go take a shower? I just rode like mad to get here. I'm a bit sweaty."

"Go do what you want. I'm happy sitting here. The movie starts in a few hours. We have a lot of time."

He smiled at her. He took his phone, keys and wallet out of his pockets and placed them on the table by the front door. He turned on a fan to get some air circulating, "I'll be back."

He jumped into the shower and washed and rinsed as quickly as he could. He dried up, grabbed some clean clothes, threw on some cologne, and exited the washroom. At the edge of the living room he froze. Kate was talking on his phone. She had not yet noticed him, but she was giggling and chatting animatedly.

"What is going on?" called Ian, with a bit of a panic in his voice.

She smiled her glowing bright smile, "Your friend Dave called. He's a riot!"

Ian relaxed in one way, Dave would not do anything to jeopardise his relationship with her by talking about his past with other women. But he panicked in another way, Dave had so much embarrassing information on Ian that it could make life very embarrassing if she knew what Dave knew. At least, she seemed to be getting along with him.

"Can I get my phone now?"

"OK Dave, Ian wants his phone. Probably to call his girlfriend, haha. Do I give it to him?" She paused. "Dave gave me a message to give you. He's going to need a hand doing the end month stocktaking, he wants you to help out. He will talk to you tomorrow about it."

With that, she said bye to Dave and hung up. She tossed the phone to Ian. Laughing like a school girl.

"Come, sit by me."

Ian, liking that she and Dave got along, plopped down beside her. His eyes fell on her toned midriff once again. He did not realise it until right then, but introducing her to Dave was an area of concern. Dave was a true, loyal, long-time friend, but she was an amazing girlfriend. If they did not get along, he would be forced to make a choice, and regardless of who took priority, he would regret it. But, he did not need to introduce them. They introduced themselves. Unforeseen problem solved.