five

billy hadn't been home in a while, and max would be worried if she didn't see him almost everyday when she and the rest of the party was basically being babysat by steve and robin.

she found it odd how all of a sudden he was hanging out with them all, but not that odd seeing as he was still his usual grumpy self atleast around the kids.

today was no different, the whole group hanging out at steve's place, his parents could be on mars for all he cares. the kids convinced steve to order pizzas, and robin joined in on the chanting for it too. billy looked like he was about to like, die, because of how many annoying assholes were in the room. excluding his sister, maybe.

he'd gotten better about that, too, stopped refusing to call max his sister, but only occasionally calling her that. he usually just called her 'a pain in the ass'.
_______________________

somehow, billy got guilt tripped and dragged off to play truth or dare with el and max, though he somewhat willingly went along, seeing as the two were his favorite, he'd never admit that though. 

"billy, truth or dare?" max says. "truth." he mutters. "is it true you have a crush on steve?" she asks, making el gasp, they both looked excited for the answer, though el already knew it, she'd been inside his head, seen all of his repressed thoughts, knew him better than he thought anyone ever would.

"i change my mind, dare." he says, faitly fast. "fine then, i dare you to tell steve you like him by the end of the week." his sister says, they didn't have the same parents, but they sure did have the same cocky smirk. 

"or what, brat?" he questions. "i'll tell him." she says, making him groan loudly. "you shithead!" he exclaims.