Part 1

Picture isn't mine

Setting: a ship, middle of the ocean, 9 or 10 at night

*Master's pov*

I looked out over my ship, thinking about how peaceful it was at the moment. I should probably retire now that I have the chance.

(Insert sound effect)

My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of wood snapping. Probably from a cannon ball. I look up and Natsu is flying onto the deck with Lucy in hold. He gives me a grin that says 'we are totally in trouble but dang was it fun'. I sigh.

"Natsu what did you do this time?"

"Well gramps, I didn't really do much I swear..." he trailed off. Then Lucy stepped in to finish explaining.

"Natsu you almost destroyed that merchant ship and now their protection ship is after us" she yelled at him, giving him a glare that could rival Erza's.

(Insert sound effect)

"My children be ready!!"

Happy had gone down into the ship to wake a few of the others. With him came two dragon like humans. Gajeel and Wendy both had wings, horns, a tail, claws, scales, the whole package. Well all the dragon slayers looked like dragons. They were part dragon after all.

When no one else walked up behind them I raised an eyebrow at Happy.

"Well with 3 dragon slayers and a celestial, we can take any 'protection ship' that comes our way. Dragon slayers are nearly unbeatable you know." Happy answered my unspoken question.

I sighed and nodded my head. My young children are getting over confident in themselves, it was going to come back and bite us I just know it.

*no one's pov*

Natsu and Lucy made the best bombing team in the business. When you think of bombs people usually think of small black balls with a string. Well Lucy was the bomb, a human bomb. Natsu would drop her onto the enemy ship and she would go to work. With Natsu dropping from the sky as support.

Lucy was a celestial, more specific a celestial princess. She could call upon any celestial being of her choosing. Although she preferred to use her super charged whip and her own training to get the job done.

Gajeel and Wendy chose to stay on the Vermillion and deal with incoming enemies. They made sure not to kill any of them though. Master didn't like them killing people, even if they were pirates. The bodies hitting the deck woke up a few of the crew.

Titania Erza was one of those few and within minutes the crew of the protection ship were delt with. Master was able to talk to the caption and got it all sorted out.

-time skip-
*Natsu's pov*

"So Natsu why did the protection ship leave so fast after Master talked to them." Happy asked as we made our way through the maze of hallways we called home.

"Well it turns out that we helped them out a while back and they didn't realize we were Fairy Tail." I answered. We passed Lucy's room and I stopped.

I always stopped outside her room. I peaked my head in and she was writing at her desk.

"Yo Lucy can we hang out her for a bit, Happy and I are bored." I said walking all the way in without asking. She always let me stay.

"If you have too" she mumbled without looking up.

I took a deep breath through my nose and flopped onto her bed. Her room smelled like strawberries with vanilla. Then I did a double take, there was something else in her scent too. Anxiety. She was anxious.

"What's wrong Lucy?"

I saw her tense up and slowly turn around.

"Nothing's wrong..." she hesitated. I waited. "I just have this feeling. It's telling me that something is going to happen, something bad." she finished.

I thought for a second, I didn't know how to respond to that. I was so deep in thought that I didn't notice her coming up to the bed.

"Can you leave now, I'm tired and you smell like burning wood."

When I didn't move she sighed, then she attempted to pull me off the bed. When I didn't budge, she started to pout. I grinned, decided it was time to go, picked up happy and walked over to her door.

"If that's what u want then we'll leave but your bed is so much more comfy then ours" I said grabbing the door handle. Before I could leave though she stopped me with a hand on my shoulder. I tensed and she expertly moved around my tail and wings to look me in the eyes.

"Don't forget we need to find a job and I get to pick this time. Try not to break anything with this one please" she said with a smile and all I could do was nod.

-time skip-

When I closed the door to my room I sighed. She just had to have that effect on me. Whenever she smiled it sent off all kinds of flags in my head. Her scent did the same thing it almost seemed to have a calming effect on me.

I sat there on my hammock for a few minutes thinking, then groaned. My head hurt and I was hungry. Too hungry to think, I was also pretty tired. I groaned again, tried to roll over and failed because my wings were in the way.

Before I knew it I was falling asleep. The last thing I remember was that there was a smell in the air. One that I didn't like.