Chapter 4🏵

Picture of Annaliese above 👆

♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️

During the four-hour-long journey, all Annaliese can smell is woods and water. At a point, she gets the feeling they passed through the territory of the mundane because she could feel Alpha Kieran growling lowly.

She finds out his Beta is called Quinn. From her perspective, he seems nice; to her, at least. In no time, they get to the pack house and beta Quinn alights then her mate continues driving.

"Where are we going?" she asks but he ignores her and she stays quiet knowing better than to ask him another question.

Finally, they come to a stop and they get down from the car wordlessly. Annaliese uses Cresent's eyes to survey the area. They are in a clearing with a deep forest that creates a barrier around a two-story building house and that is all she could make out.   Although she can hear the sound of critters running around, and leaves swaying gently, and can also smell the muskiness in the air which abates to the chirping of birds hiding in shades.

From the heat, Annaliese surmises the weather was sunny.

Two she-wolves come to meet them, one looks to be in her mid-teens, and the other looks to be in her mid-fifties. "Welcome Alpha," the older one greets while the younger one bows her head.
The older one then looks at Annaliese intently. "She's blind."  The Alpha says.

"Oh, Good evening Luna."

"Don't call her that!" he snaps making the young lady shiver. Irritated, he storms into the house leaving them behind. It appears to Annaliese that her mate is not only egoistic but also temperamental and her arrival is already starting to piss him off.

 The older she-wolf introduces herself,
"My name is Marian and this young girl beside me is Joycelin, the alpha has informed us of your coming so she'll be your personal maid."

"Hello Luna," the girl greets laconically and Annaliese couldn't find it in her to talk. Her mate has just put a damper on her mood.

Get it together Annaliese, you're blind, not mute, she scolds herself.

Instead, she tries to smile as they lead her inside the house. Marian goes into the kitchen while Joycelin leads Annaliese upstairs. "This is your room, Luna."

Annaliese turns to her and smiles. "My name is Annaliese but you can call me Annie."

"Yes, lun-I mean Annie." While Marian cooks, Joycelin tells her about her and Marian. About how she's an only child, how her mother died during childbirth and her father works as an iota (doctor). She tells Annaliese about how Marian raised the four boys; The Alpha, Beta Quinn, Delta Leon, and top epsilon Kim.   

 "Alpha Kieran lost his dad to the war and his mom is uhm, nobody knows where she is except for alpha Kieran and Marian. Beta Quinn and delta Leon's parents were killed by vampires while epsilon Kim's origin is unknown. All we know is he was found around the same time the former alpha was killed."

"How do you know all this?" She asks Joycelin who shrugs, saying, "It's common knowledge but nobody knows Alpha Kieran ha–"

Marian knocks on the door and enters before Joyce can complete her sentence. "The Alpha requests your presence at the dining table," she smiles then walks out the door.

Joycelin links Annaliese's arm with hers and guides her downstairs to the dining room. The blind female can feel her mate brooding as she settles into a chair. She clumsily searches for the cutleries and tries to eat but ends up spilling the rice all over her body. The Alpha watches her every move intently before he growls and slaps his hand on the table.

Annoyed and with a loss of appetite, Alpha Kieran stands up abruptly and walks away.  

"Don't worry dear. He's just upset about something else." Marian consoles Annaliese who nods her head in appreciation.

 "Why not just use your wolf's eyes?" Joycelin asks in confusion.

"I was trying to impress him," Annaliese answers realizing what she did was stupid but, it's not totally her fault. Think about it, if she can win his favor and get into his heart, shouldn't she try? Why give up when she hasn't even given it a try because whether she likes it or not, this is her new life and although she can always go back to her family, she will never feel fulfilled.

Please, take me to his room." Marian guides her back upstairs and knocks softly on the door. Annaliese places her hand on Marian's.

"I can take it from here, thank you."

Her mate can already hear her voice before she opens the door. He suddenly has this unexpected urge to hold her so when Annaliese opens the door and steps in, she's immediately yanked forward and the door closes behind her. He pulls her in, trapping her between his body and the wall.

"Mate." For the first time since she's met him back in the woods, his voice is breathless and alluring.

While holding her, Alpha Kieran has a mental battle with his wolf. He wants to kick her out but at the same time wants to hold her. Kiss her. Mark her.

Her pheromones are reeling him, wanting him to do sinful things to her and it's not like it was even seductive. The woman before him smells pure and he wants to taint her, shred every little innocence hiding in her body.

Alpha Kieran wraps his arm around her waist while he rests the other on the wall. He places his forehead on hers before tracing kisses from her jaw to her neck wanting to taste more as his hand traveled to her behind. He nips at her dainty neck loving how the delicate skin gets sucked into his mouth as he takes his time to mar her supple skin, squeezing her ass, and Annaliese couldn't help but let out a whimper.

The male moves his lips down to her chest and kisses her cleavage, his wayward hand moving under her dress to caress her thigh. Heat pools up at her core and she knows he can smell it. She knows he can smell her slick because he resumes marking her neck with small bites, harder this time.

He kisses her lips roughly and ankles one of her legs around his waist giving him more space and making her grab him for her dear life. His touch burns her and she loved it, wanting more. With his hand holding her leg in place, he pushes the other into her underwear, slipping two fingers between her excited lips, and the female shudders in sweet, sweet delight.

His digits torture her in her panties, a finger pad rubbing the entrance of her leaking heat while his thumb flicks her clit. Lewd moans escape her mouth earning a desperate growl from him.

His erection presses against her body as if it belongs there, as if it wants to intrude on her and the hand holding her leg comes up to play with her breasts. When he sucked on her sweet spot, a harsh moan spews from her mouth.

The Alpha freezes, seeming to have come out of whatever trance his mate had him in. Slowly, he steps away from her.

"Get out." He mutters lowly, contrition seeping into his soul.

"Get out!" He mutters lowly when she tries to reach out to him. Annaliese's heart almost leaves her chest as she scurries out of his room and runs into someone.

"Are you okay?" Joycelin asks her.

No. He rejected me.

"Take me to my room," she tells Joycelin. The younger leads Annaliese to her room and tries to talk to her but the female holds out her hand signaling Joycelin to leave, the younger nods and closes the door quietly as she steps out.

Meanwhile, Annaliese can't stop thinking about what happened as the tears just flow freely. She hiccups as sniffles leave her. What did I do wrong? She closes her eyes and tries to get some rest but sleep seems to have run away from her this very night. She doesn't even know what the time is, having heard the thicket grow silent.

She walks out of her room in search of Joycelin or Marian so she heads into the kitchen hoping to also get some food. She isn't familiar with the house yet except for the kitchen.

He's here, Annaliese can smell him. Where he is exactly, she doesn't know but she knows he's in the vicinity between the living room, dining room, or kitchen.

Annaliese walks into the kitchen cautiously and she feels huge arms wrap around her waist from behind.