With wide eyes she stared at him and he felt how a red glow took over his face.

"I thought I give you a warming up." With a stupid grin and a wink he tried to take the tension away. "Although I'd secretly meant to kiss your cheek," he admitted in a low voice. 

Esai didn't need to know that.

Jamie chuckled, then she nudged his shoulder. "Okay, you can leave now."

Once more his glance slid to Esai, who raised his eyebrows. He clenched his teeth, it took him a hell of effort not to punch him in the face. Hopefully Jamie would be disappointed in him by the end of the day, before he would hurt her. Despite the bad feeling he had, he told himself that Jamie was a grown woman and that the guy had taken her home yesterday too without trying to hit on her. Maybe it was his presence which turned him into an asshole. 

He started his bike and took off while waving at Jamie. 

The moment Juice had left the street, Jamie stepped away from Kev. His arm around her felt very uncomfortable. Right now she only wanted to feel Esai's arms around her. A little in panic she had texted him that Juice would drop her off and that he wanted to approve her date, where after Esai had told her he would send his friend to pick her up. 

Pretending to be in love with Kev had made her feel very awkward and Juice had clearly picked up on that. There had been an obvious tension between the two men, which convinced her it was for the best that Esai had stayed away. 

As she rounded the corner, she saw him sitting on the edge of a sidewalk cafe. Immediately her heart started to beat faster and all thoughts about Juice and Kev vanished. Right before she reached him, he looked up. Immediately a wide smile spread across his face, which her own lips mirrored. 

He got up from the chair and stepped away from the table to greet her. A little nervous she picked at her hair. How should she greet him? He however took the initiative himself; the moment she felt his hand around her cheek her legs felt like jelly. 

"You look muy bonita, cariño." His thumb stroked her cheek and he kissed her lips. 

Jamie's cheeks were glowing and in a whim she wrapped her arms around him and held him close. His perfume was intoxicating, her imagination started to run as she wondered how a real kiss would feel. Would that happen today? Her nerves were waving through her body.

"Did everything go well with Juice? No suspicion?" Esai asked after pulling back a chair for her, while he waited until she was seated before he sat down himself. 

She liked how he behaved like a gentleman, she hadn't expected it from him. "Well, it was a really strange situation," she admitted. As she looked over her shoulder, she saw that Kev had already disappeared. "There was a clear tension between both guys." She shrugged her shoulders. "But well... I'm here now!"

He held her glance. "Yeah, you're here now..." With a smile, he shoved his hand on top of hers. "What do you want to drink?"

"Umm, a coke is fine."

As if everyone was on his beck and call, a lady came to their booth within a minute, taking their orders. In the meantime his fingertips caressed the back of her hand, up to her wrist. It tickled and awakened a new kind of warmth. She didn't know what to do with it, and as she usual did when she felt uncomfortable she started to talk. 

"What are we going to do today?" she asked curiously. 

"Whatever you wanna do, chiqui. You strike me like a person who likes to try new things, eh?"

She nodded enthusiastically, doing new stuff was always fun. 

"Then I'll come up with some things you've probably never done before." He lifted her hand, kissing her knuckles, slowly and one by one while keeping her glance. As she was staring at his sensual lips she started to sweat. Suddenly she imagined them on other body parts and she felt her cheeks turn flaming red. 

He lifted the corner of his mouth as he saw her flushing cheeks, then their fingers laced. "Don't worry, preciosa. If you don't like things, just tell me. I'm creative enough to come up with something else." He gave her a wink.

. . .

The whole ride home it felt like there was a pit in his stomach. Hoping to find some distraction he went to the clubhouse. Although there were two missed calls from Daphne, he wasn't in the mood to talk to her; he was pretty pissed about the way she had treated Jamie and the last thing he wanted right now was a fight.

Daphne however didn't get the hint or she didn't care about it; two hours after her last call she entered the clubhouse. 

"Why are you ignoring me?!"

"I really am not in the mood for your bullshit."

She stared at him in disbelief. "What?! What the hell are you talking -"

He grabbed her arm and dragged her to his bedroom. He had no interest in the whole club hearing what she had done, he already felt ashamed enough. 

"What the hell were you thinkin', lettin' her put on that dress!" he snapped the moment the door was closed. 

Her eyebrows shot up. "Jeez, don't get all riled up. It was just a joke."

"A joke? That dress was almost screaming 'rape me'!"

Daphne rolled her eyes. "C'mon, you really think someone wants to touch that ugly girl voluntarily?"

"She's not ugly," he answered fiercely. "And you know it damn well, otherwise you wouldn't behave like some jealous bitch." 

She looked at him with a dark look. "So you do think she's pretty?"

"I never said she ain't. There are dozens of pretty girls around here and that never bothered you? What the hell is your problem with Jamie?"

Her jaw tensed. "You really can't see the problem? Well maybe it's because you can never keep your eyes off her! Was it turning you on, seeing her in a dress like that? Couldn't you wait to lay your own hands on her, huh? Or does it bother you that another man gets the change to see so much of her?"

"He won't, cause I made her change her clothes," he answered grumpily. "And I'm not the jealous one here."

"No? Then why that long face at the bar?"

He gritted his teeth. How he thought about Jamie's date was none of Daphne's business. It had nothing to do with jealousy, he just didn't trust the guy at all. 

"How many times have you told me there wouldn't be a girl in your house? And even when she showed up, you assured me she was no competition." She scoffed. "And now you've fallen for her. For the first whore who forced herself on you."

"I haven't fallen for her. But I gotta admit that the bitch you turned into ever since she's here ain't making my heart beat faster either."

"Jeez Juice, don't be so hysterical! It was a joke. When did you lose the ability to laugh?"

"There was nothing funny about it. You know how insecure and sensitive she is and still you encouraged her to dress up like a whore, telling her that's normal."

"She's fucking twenty one years old, Juice. Stop pretending she's a little girl. If she put on that dress, she liked it. I didn't force her to wear it, I only told her it could become an... interesting evening if she wore it." She stepped closer to him, her hands gliding across his chest. "Come on Juicy... Your new roommate can't be the reason we're fighting now, right?"

She was about to kiss him, but he turned his head to the side and pushed her away. "Until you've apologized to her, I have no interest in seein' you."

He turned around, slamming the door behind him.