(43) - broken promises

Começar do início

Flashback

"This is amortentia! The most powerful love potion in the world. It's rumoured to smell differently to each person according to what attracts them. For example I smell... Freshly mown grass and.." As Hermione explained the first ingredient, Draco's head slowly rose to look at her in shock. "New parchment and... Spear mint.. Toothpaste." Hermione mumbled.

She shot a sideways glance at Draco and their eyes met. Hermione quickly turned away, blushing furiously as she stepped away from the potion slowly.

"Yes. Amortentia doesn't create actual--" Draco zoned out and completely ignored Slughorn for the rest of his boring speech. 

'Did she smell me? Me, Pansy and Blaise bought new quills and parchment last week! The Quidditch just got the grass mown, and I'm always on it! And... And... I have spear mint toothpaste. Did she smell me? This is confusing.' Draco thought to himself.

All through potions, every time Draco looked up, he could see Hermione staring at him. And then when Draco spotted her, she would turn and blush furiously.

End of flashback

Draco remembered. About what she smelt in the amortentia.

"Hermione? The minister for magic just arrived... Wants to speak to you, Ron and I." Harry stated, walking up to her. Hermione tried to hide the letter and two presents, but Harry saw them and grabbed them from her. He read the letter, and then looked at the presents.

"D.M? Is that Draco?" Harry asked. When Hermione didn't say anything, he continued. "You saw Draco!? When?"

Hermione tried to hold back more tears. She had no idea how she could still cry, Hermione thought that she had already used all of her tears up. Harry pulled her into a hug.

"I'm sorry about him 'Mione. I know you miss him." Harry mumbled into Hermione's hair.

"I do. More than anything!" Hermione sobbed. She pulled away and looked down at her hand, where the promise ring still lay. "He promised me Harry! He promised!! Here is proof right here!" Hermione showed him the promise ring that he hadn't seen in ages. "How could he break this promise!?" Hermione took off the promise ring and threw it across the floor.

"Hermione... I'm sorry. You deserve way way better than him if he thinks that he could treat you like this! Come on.. The minister's waiting."

They walked over to the minister and Ron and took a seat. After the minister for magic read a boring speech, he handed out gifts. Ron got a deluminator, Hermione got a book called 'the tales of beedle the bard', and Harry got the golden snitch and the sword of Gryffindor left in Dumbledore's will.

"I have one more thing to give out. For Miss Hermione Jean Granger. I received a special request from a young boy, asking me to deliver this to you." The minister whispered and handed Hermione a letter. 

Dear H. Granger,

Have fun. I really hope to see you again soon. But if I never meet you again, then i wish you the best. Maybe I'll see you at kings cross on years to come, because maybe our kids will be in the same Hogwarts year.

I'm sorry about all these letters I'm writing to you. I'm just trying to show to you how much you mean to me, even if I don't mean anything to you anymore.

I've robbed you of all our happy memories together. While I can't truly know how this feels to you, I can certainly understand that what I did was one of the worst things I could possibly have done to you.

Maybe one day you'll forgive me, and we can be close friends. But I know that we could never be more than that. Don't you care for me at all? Oh of course you don't... I'm sorry about everything.

Love,
D.M

Hermione couldn't take it. She jumped up from her seat and ran to find parchment and a quill. And scribbled a reply to Draco.

Dear D. Malfoy,

I wish I could see you one last time before I went. I don't want to end things between us badly after that fight earlier today here at the burrow. I just feel awful about it. Really, i do!

Yeah, I might end up with someone like Ron or a random guy I meet at a job. But none of them will make me as happy as you did. I might not even want kids! Because I don't want my kids growing up to have a mother who never loved their father.

You mean so much to me, you really do. As much as I mean to you! I really really care for you Draco, and you know that!! I always will care for you. But you know that we could never be together.

I've not forgiven you fully, but I know that i could never stay mad at you for too long. You are the only person that I could ever care for ! But you KNOW that this is the end of us. For good.

Can we meet? I want to see you, maybe if it is for the last time. If it's a yes, meet me outside the burrow today, midday. It's bill and fleur's wedding so no one will be inside.

I'll be waiting.

-Hermione G

Hermione called for pigwidgeon, attached the letter, and sent it flying off. Hermione really would miss Draco.